Who has their own club indoor training facility?

A forum for coaches to discuss coaching technique and advice with each other. Only registered coaches can post in this forum.

Moderator: AVC Coach

pv161
PV Nerd
Expertise: high school/club coach, masters vaulter, former college vaulter, usatf official
Lifetime Best: 4.91

Unread postby pv161 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:33 pm

You might try any local sports centers in your area like indoor basketball or soccer facilities or possably a gymnastics gym. We got into an all purpose sports center. They let us set up a permanent pit in the corner and even let us cut a hole in the floor for the box. The charge for our club is pretty steep though (free). the only charge is a facility fee on our club participants that is very reasonable. 15.00 for high school age, 20.00 for adults per month. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, pv161@yahoo.com

novavault101
PV Newbie

Unread postby novavault101 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:33 am

I know a couple of people who have rented/worked out a deal with an existing gymnastics center....they are rarely booked solid and most training centers come complete with many of the things that most coaches would like to see in a vault training facility anyway. Needless to said, easy recuitment for a club with all the gymnasts around. If you want the names and contacts of those coaches let me know.

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:26 am

Thanks for the response. I have begun asking around locally about this.
Chris Milton

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:36 pm

Rick wrote
Chris,
The sponsors are just people that helped me build it. No money except I sold parking spaces for $100. People will have their name on each spot they sponsored. Broetche loaned me his excavator and cat to do some ground work plus his man lift to hang the electrical. I have a scholarship for one athlete in his name.
I bought 2 acres ($200k) zoned FU10 and applied for a conditional use permit to put up a recreational building. Got it and started the build. The property has a beat up house on it so thats where I live now. I have the building located on the very south end of the property and am getting ready to develop the remaining acre into 7-8 building lots. Annexing into the city (from the county) in May. The building lots will have a value of between 150k to 200k each. Development costs are being born by the developer I hired ( he gets one lot for free). Right now I am negotiating the purchase of a new house bordering the building side of my property for 400k. Nice house, 3000 sq.ft. Craftsman style... nice! So when I am done.....New house, PV Facility, 400k minus taxes in the bank and no mortgage.

Those are small lots for 200k. I am looking to do the same thing you did. What are the demensions of your building and how much $$$? Lucky for me I can buy 25 times the land for 300K with no zoning restrictions.

baggettpv
PV Master

Building

Unread postby baggettpv » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:20 pm

60 x 200 with 20' eaves. Total cost of building and construction around 200k. I did the electrical and interior excavations. Gravel floor not concrete. Probably add 20 if useing concrete.
For the building check on the web for metal buildings....

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC
www.willamettestriders.com

Return to “Pole Vault - Coaches Forum”