Aluminum Pole Vault Competition- B'ham WA

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
chasing6
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former Collegiate Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, Coach (all-levels), Die-Hard Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.23m

Aluminum Pole Vault Competition- B'ham WA

Unread postby chasing6 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:19 pm

We're taking this one old school!

We will be hold an aluminum pole vault competition at the Bellingham Parks and Rec All-Comer's meet on July 25 and August 28. This is your chance to relive the "glory days" of our sport. We have multiple 10', 12' and 14' aluminum poles, as well as brand new Gill triangular crossbars. Don't think you'd like to try jumping over something so unforgiving? No worries, we'll have fiberglass bars as well.

The cost is $4 per day, and also gives you the opportunity to compete in all events offered. For more info please check out the Registration .pdf

We will also be holding our regular vault competition on our second pit, so even if you don't want to try aluminum there is still plenty of vaulting to be had.
Whether you believe you can or cannot, you're right.

http://www.fiveringsproject.org

PV-ATL
PV Whiz
Expertise: PV Coach, Club Owner (Pole Vault Atlanta, PV-ATL)
Lifetime Best: 14-6
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren

Re: Aluminum Pole Vault Competition- B'ham WA

Unread postby PV-ATL » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Whoa!!

This is my kind of competition!

Although, I would have to come to the meet with a bamboo pole. I feel I would do better. Triangle metal crossbar...?
That's where I got my PR. No worries there.

Down here, bamboo is plentyful. Free, too. Just go out and cut it down... instant pole. I cut down two for our kids at camp. They didn't even
notice that they were bamboo until they took a good look. After that, I couldn't keep them away from the poles!

Bamboo PR's: 10-0 boys, 8-0 girls. I made 8-0. I am still sore!

Good luck on the meet. I wish I could be there!

Cheers,

PV-ATL

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”