The MIT Prom Vault is coming! Get on your formal wear, find a date, and come on over.
This amazing event is a pole vault meet in black tie attire. Here are the basics: Everyone needs to jump in formal wear. Everyone jumps in couples. Everyone needs to have tons of fun. Each couple will be scored by combining the place of both vaulters. The couple with the lowest combined places is crowned as prom royalty. (Almost like golf, but more like pole vaulting). The second and third couples place couples earn the amazing honor of being on the prom court.
1) 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place couple prizes from MF Athletic (http://www.everythingtrackandfield.com/)
2) Live DJ mixing while you vault, and a dance floor to show off your moves.
3) Photographer to take Prom Pictures of you and your date for the event. I'm sure you're parents, other family members, and friends will want hundreds of copies of these.
4) A meet in which you get to jump in your suits and dresses!
5) Some light refreshments to hydrate and dehydrate you to your heart's content.
Q. Is this possible? A. Yes
Q. Is this going to be the best thing ever? A. Yes
Q. How has this turned out in the past? A. Awesome. Check out these links:
http://www.patriotpv.com/photos/index.p ... mvault2009
http://www.patriotpv.com/photos/index.p ... ITProm2010
or search youtube for MIT Prom Vault.
For more information, a more detailed FAQ, and a great video, please visit www.mitpromvault.com . Information is also available at www.mitpvc.com under "Upcoming Meets."
If you are interested in attending, please preregister here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... ZWxzNVE6MQ
It will help us set things up before hand.
Hope to see you there.
MIT Prom Vault
brought to you by the MIT Pole Vault Club and viewers like you
sponsored by MF Athletic