2012 Marina Vault - Gettysburg, PA - June 23

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
Altoonavault
PV Beginner

2012 Marina Vault - Gettysburg, PA - June 23

Unread postby Altoonavault » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:22 pm

2012 Dave Gorman Memorial
Marina Vault
Saturday, June 23, 2012
The Lake Heritage Marina
1001 Heritage Drive,Lake Heritage, Gettysburg, PA

Conact: Steve Gorman 717-752-5824 sgorman55@gmail.com

This event is organized as a Lake Heritage Community Fundraiser with all monies raised going to a recreational project at Lake Heritage. Registration fee is $20.00 and a release form must be signed before competing (under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign the waiver) All money will be collected the day of the event at registration tent. Concession stand with food and drink will run from 11:00 AM till 6:00 PM. Lake vaulting is open to all and there is no registration fee.

8:00 AM on-site registration begins and continues all day
9:00 AM Masters division (age 30 and over)
10:30 AM Gals
2:00 PM Guys
5:00 Collegiate and Elite (starting height- 13'0")

Standard rules of pole vaulting will apply with two exceptions:

1. No heighting is not permitted: If you miss 3 times at your starting height, you will get a 4th jump for a $5.00 donation and the bar will be lowered 6" for your 4th attempt. If you clear, your are back in the competition, if you miss, for another $5.00 donation the bar will be lowered another 6" and you will get a 5th attempt and so on.

2. Gorman Buy-In Rule: After a competitor has his or her 3rd miss at a height, a 4th attempt will be granted for a $5.00 donation. If you clear on your 4th jump – you are back in the competition. If you miss, you can continue at the next height, but each additional jump requires a $5.00 donation. Bring your family and friends, cause if you have a bunch of 5 dollar bills, well heck, you can jump all day long!

BRING LAWN CHAIRS AND LOTS OF $5.00 BILLS

This event is my tribute to my brother who left this planet in August of 2008. Dave was an incredible athlete and person, a fellow vaulter and lover of music. We did our first Marina Vault in 2003 and I have had this event a few times since his passing cause I know he'd be loving every minute of an event like this. Pole Vaulting, music, lake vaulting & swimming, food & drink and camaraderie - Does it get any better? A family friendly event!

The event will be run by Steve Gorman of the Heritage Vault Club and Rob Wahl, pole vault coach at Altoona Area High School and the PA State Chairperson for the USA National Pole Vaulting Committee. The event will be officiated by Mike Lilly, a PIAA pole vault official who has officiated the PIAA State Championships.

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”