altius in the USA

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
altius
PV Rock Star

altius in the USA

Unread postby altius » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Not sure if this is the correct forum but --

1. IF - and it is a big IF - my doctors say it is safe for me to travel in the US next year, I would be interested in being involved in some of the two or three day camps for coaches and athletes that are usually held around the country in July and August. I have already made arrangements with the usual suspects but I am looking for other possibilities - which would have to tie in with those arrangements to minimise travel issues. So if anyone is interested in using me please let me know through a pm. However because of the travel costs from OZ I do not come cheap -so bear this in mind before you make an offer! That said I can provide references from US coaches I have worked with in the past. Again it is a big IF - had to pull out of a planned trip in 2010.

2. When both BTB 1 and BTB2 were first published I received many positive comments about the contribution they made to the understanding of this event and how to teach it. If there is anyone else out there who can send me a supporting statement I would really appreciate it - I need to be able to justify the expense of producing those books as well as the dvds. This is a bit embarrassing I know - but needs must.
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

birdi_gurlie
PV Pro

Re: altius in the USA

Unread postby birdi_gurlie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:05 am

1-FABULOUS! Let me know if there are any near NC/SC, please! Unfortunately, while I would likely be able to scrounge up athletes and a pit and equipment, not sure about the rest.

2-That book and DVD were the best thing that happened to my vaulting knowledge. They clearly explained the details and I understand how to better help my athletes as well as to help my own vaulting. The dvd helped explain drills and other aspects to my athletes; I'd show them the video and then show them the drill in person. Many of my athletes borrowed the DVD to understand why we do what we do and why we DON'T do what others are doing. Actually, now that I am back in town, one of my athletes is borrowing my book to learn more about it. Your book has interested a 9th grader in physics! That's got to be impressive ;) His mom actually told me that last year, he told her "I care more about getting the technique better than getting the height now. The technique will help with the height later." and she was so surprised because he rarely cares about technical anything!
"That's how God's Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset" Psalm 19:6

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 am

The cheque is in the mail! :yes:

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Great speaking to you last week. Obviously you and Jenny can stay with us in Dana Point and we can get a good group. I'll personally guarantee your fee, even if sign ups were to fall short; which I seriously doubt.

We have done tons of clinics with Alan and he is absolutely superb!! Always count us in. Can't wait to see you guys! Bubba
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Bubba -sorry - cant afford the cheque you would require for the great promotion!

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Funny Alan - I promised my late mom a long time ago that I would never personally accept money for anything related to the vault, because MANY people along the way turned their heads, left gates/pits open, slipped us keys to weight rooms, gymnastics, etc. She also made me promise to help any of those coaches who help the event that I encounter along my journey. You are TOPS in my book and I value your knowledge and friendship greatly!! Bubba
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”