Guidelines for Using Pole Vault Power

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Guidelines for Using Pole Vault Power

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:07 pm

Welcome to Pole Vault Power! This is the largest online pole vault community. We're always glad to have new members. Please take the time to read over these tips before posting on the message board.

Tip 1: Read the threads before posting. Do a search on your topic (and don't include the words "pole" or "vault" in your search). There are already a lot of threads on which pole brand is the best, which music is the best, what are great slogans for shirts, etc. Take the time to read those, and reply in those threads if you have anything to add.
*SOMEBODY HAS ALREADY ASKED WHATEVER YOU ARE ABOUT TO ASK*

Tip 2: Only make the same post once. Most people read all or most of the forums. You can only post a topic in ONE area, so pick the best area. Topics made in different forums will be deleted. (The only exception is announcements about camps and competitions, which are allowed in both the News and Announcements forum and the appropriate regional forum).

Tip 3: Be nice. Attacks on people are not allowed. I will allow friendly trash talking IF all parties are members of the board. Personal attacks are not allowed.
- This is an actual RULE for the website -

Tip 4: Don't say anything stupid about someone. They're probably a member of the board. Even the elite athletes. Even the pole manufacturers. If they're not a member they probably read the board. If they don't read the board, odds are their coach, teammates, or parents do. Bottom line, if you say something ignorant about someone, they will probably hear about it.

Tip 5: Be appropriate. I assume the majority of board members are under 18. Post appropriately. Inappropriate content will be deleted.

Tip 6: Take advice with a grain of salt. It takes time to learn who the knowledgeable coaches are. There are plenty of high schoolers willing to give their two cents. Take the time to figure out which is which.

Tip 7: If you want people to take you seriously, take the time to use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Use WORDS whenever possible.

Tip 8: Think of a subject for your post that accurately describes the content of your post. Making a post with a subject of "HELP" will probably just get it ignored. A post with a subject of "Hand Slippage Problem" might get more helpful responses.

Tip 9: Take two seconds to read the description for each forum and post in the appropriate one. I will move your thread, so save me the trouble and get it right the first time.

Tip 10: All sales related posts must be made in the Sales forum. Clubs, camps, and competitions are the only exception to this rule. There is a limit of two posts per month of this type.
Last edited by rainbowgirl28 on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:16 am, edited 6 times in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:20 pm

I reordered the tips a little bit and added tip 7.

Does anyone have anything to add?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:11 pm

Added tips 8 and 9.

highhopes
PV Fan

Unread postby highhopes » Wed May 30, 2007 5:27 pm

Everyone should read this, it's great.
“Practice like you playâ€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:42 am

Just wanted to remind everyone that these are the rules for the website. I am going to start doing a better job of cracking down on offenders.

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”