What are your personal records?:Weight lifting

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
Andy_C
PV Pro

Re: What are your personal records?:Weight lifting

Unread postby Andy_C » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:41 pm

starkey480 wrote:dang... thats sad that they didnt get to keep vaulting.... you cant even just do it on your own without being part of a team????

You can do it on your own, but unfortunately for most athletes (the ones that don't make the senior squad) there's just a lot of life issues to be concerned about; with paying the bills, getting an education and a good job. The support system in university for track and field is very meager compared to the US. You can do it, but it's just a matter of weighing up what you have in front of you.

Is it worth it to knock yourself down a notch in your future career by making your degree, vocation or work less of a priority in life? Just for a shot at the all-important national team qualifier? You really have to be realistic, not only about the pole vault and if you can make the qualifier within a target timeframe, but also the life you want to live.

It's important to always be thankful for what you have. Time is just one of those things that most people don't really think about too often. Especially since the sun sets early in some parts of the world!

- Andrew
Hard work is wasted energy if you don't work wisely!

pvcolt
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 14'9"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Dean Starkey

Re: What are your personal records?:Weight lifting

Unread postby pvcolt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Andy_C wrote: Especially since the sun sets early in some parts of the world!

I teared up a little when I read that. Doesn't help that I'm a senior :crying:
“The secret ingredient to my secret noodle soup is.... There is no secret ingredient.”

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”