Need a training good book - haven't vaulted in a year

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
pretimer
PV Newbie
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Need a training good book - haven't vaulted in a year

Unread postby pretimer » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 am

I need to get back into a good training schedule. I haven't touched a pole in over a year, I was a freshman 13 or so ft. vaulter that vaulted for one semester but I didn't like the whole living away thing so I went back home. I had a great time training in college mon-thurs + saturdays but it was just the academics and away from home I didn't like. Since then I gained about 15 lbs from just sitting on my a@@.

I haven't worked out since then either and I don't have a coach. I do have access to an indoor 150m track this winter but no pole vault mats or pole. I want to get back into where I left off spring of 2011. I am in no condition now to back into at even 75% of what I was training at. I did maybe a third of a workout by myself the other week and I felt I was a lot slower and sluggish. I gave up about a third of the way in.

Can anyone recommend anything to follow? Whats the best book I can buy and follow daily? Suggestions? I need a solid schedule to follow.

Thanks

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Re: Need a training good book - haven't vaulted in a year

Unread postby powerplant42 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:32 am

"I run and jump, and then it's arrrrrgh!" -Bubka

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”