High Ankle Sprain Help Help Help

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
1yeldud1
PV Pro

High Ankle Sprain Help Help Help

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:13 pm

My son vaulted Sat. (second meet of the season) and sprainded his ankle and I was wondering if therer is any thing we can do to speed up the healing process. Currently we are iceing the area and trying to keep weight off that leg. Basically we are using the "RICE" methode (rest, ice, compress, elevation) Can anyone give us any tips we need to be ready for conference, districts, and possibly state meets. Thanks

fong520
PV Pro

Unread postby fong520 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:46 pm

theres something called epsom salt... my friend messed up his foot really bad and it was really swollen. he soaked his foot in some epsom salt for liek 20 mins for awhile, and it went down alot and it helped the healing.. not sure how it works but he told me aobut it when i hurt my ankle this year and it feels good i guess.. u can get it at a local pharmacy, its in like a milk carton and it looks like salt, u add hot water adn soak for awhile and its suppose to make it better an dheal it faster.
i run, therefore im buff.

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:18 pm

I would recomend going to a physical therapist. You need to get that ankle moving as soon as possible, with out causeing damage, for it to heal as strong a possible with out haveing the ankle become a chronic spaining problem b/c it wasn't rehabled properly.
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

natdog
PV Wannabe

Unread postby natdog » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:36 pm

You may try some alternating Hot Cold treatment after most of the swelling goes away. How did the sprain occur?
run high and hold fast

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:33 pm

I,ll send you a personal message

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”