Pole vault

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
Polevaultforlife
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current high school vaulter
Lifetime Best: 14
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Shawn barber

Pole vault

Unread postby Polevaultforlife » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi I'm a sophomore in high school my pr is 14 feet but I really want to go higher I've been slacking these last few years and I want to be a 17 foot vaulter my sr year I'm looking for a list of the muscles that allow u to get vertical and go over ur hand hold and some workouts tht target these muscles I would really appreciate the help thank you so much and are protein shakes a good idea if so any recommendations also the top half of my jump is pretty good I get about 8 inches over my hand hold I need help with the drive phase though

EIUvltr
PV Pro
Expertise: Ex-collegiate pole vaulter B.S. Exercise Science ACSM personal trainer

Re: Pole vault

Unread postby EIUvltr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Error: run-on sentence, lack of search tool utilization... Does not compute.
"If he dies, he dies"

PV2020
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Lázaro Borges

Unread postby PV2020 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:55 pm

I honestly feel like this is a gag post made by someone who just made an account to screw with people.

Polevaultforlife
PV Newbie

Unread postby Polevaultforlife » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:33 pm

No why does it seem like that I really am interested I really like pole vaulting I want it in my life I want to coach it someday I love it and I want to improve

EIUvltr
PV Pro
Expertise: Ex-collegiate pole vaulter B.S. Exercise Science ACSM personal trainer

Unread postby EIUvltr » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:27 am

If you want help then speak English. Also if you cared so much, you'd use the search feature and realise that your questions have been asked and answered numerous times throughout this forum.
"If he dies, he dies"

EIUvltr
PV Pro

Unread postby EIUvltr » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 am

Considering you can't write properly, I'm guessing you'll be ineligible most of the time due to bad grades. So if you want to be able to pole vault at all, then go home and study. Then once you're passing your classes and can communicate clearly, maybe people on here will understand you and help you out.
"If he dies, he dies"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:25 pm

OK guys, lay off the attacks on grammar.

Polevaultforlife it would help if you posted video of your vaults.

Polevaultforlife
PV Newbie

Unread postby Polevaultforlife » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Thank you here it is http://www.coachseye.com/AhVu this is all I have for now, and why do u guys have to be such a** holes about grammar it's called short hand

EIUvltr
PV Pro

Unread postby EIUvltr » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Hahaha, no it absolutely is not. It's called gibberish. You're the one who came onto the forum asking questions that could have been answered if you just looked through the threads for about 90 seconds. Maybe we just don't like answering the same questions over and over again.
"If he dies, he dies"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Polevaultforlife wrote:Thank you here it is http://www.coachseye.com/AhVu this is all I have for now, and why do u guys have to be such a** holes about grammar it's called short hand

It's not called short hand, it's called being lazy. Failing to use capitalization, punctuation, and some attempt at proper grammar means that people can't understand the questions you are trying to ask, and are less likely to respond. Learning how to communicate effectively is a life skill that is going to help you far beyond pole vaulting.

botakatobi
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former vaulter. College, HS and elite coach. Master level USATF official
Lifetime Best: 15'1"
Favorite Vaulter: Seagren, Davies, Meadows, Rand

Unread postby botakatobi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm a member of two forums; PVP and an antique vehicle forum.

The members of this forum are largely educated and with few exceptions they communicate using proper grammar and punctuation.

However, the vehicle forum is populated largely by high school drop outs or those that think poor grammar is cute. Typically they go out of their way to sound illiterate which makes reading their comments difficult.

I am grateful that PVP members try to write and punctuate correctly. Just try harder to break long paragraphs into shorter ones that are easier to read.

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote: Failing to use capitalization, punctuation, and some attempt at proper grammar means that people can't understand the questions you are trying to ask, and are less likely to respond.

Very true. :yes: :yes:

There is a clear distinction between IMs and PMs (any text messages to a single person).

Speed of communication is more important there, and it slows down the spontaneity of what you're trying to say if you must fix typos or use proper grammar or if you can't abbreviate any words. The person on the receiving end of your text message may be waiting impatiently for your reply.

Posting on PVP is not the same as texting. When you post, you have time to proof-read and fix your typos - heck, they're even underlined in red for you on PVP! All you need to do to fix them is right-click and select the right spelling!

I know some posts are made on smart phones, and it's not as easy there, but if you have a full keyboard and you don't fix your typos, then shame on you!

Kirk Bryde
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”