Murer and Badurova two of the hottest Olympians

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Murer and Badurova two of the hottest Olympians

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:07 am

http://sports.popcrunch.com/the-50-hott ... -olympics/

47. Fabiana Murer

How she’s fared in the 2008 Summer Olympics: Murer is a Brazilian pole vaulter, and she struggled through organizer’s losing her pole in the finals, and failed to clear the minimum distance. She is planning on protesting.

41. Katerina Badurova

How she’s fared in the 2008 Summer Olympics: Made the Czech team as a pole vaulter, but failed to get out of the prelims.

golfdane
PV Pro

Re: Murer and Badurova two of the hottest Olympians

Unread postby golfdane » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:40 am

Lolo Jones needs to be WAY up on that list :)

jumpbackin
PV Whiz

Unread postby jumpbackin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:32 pm

Lousy list. Izzy didn't even make it? She's top three in body, easily, and her face is good enough.

Misty May?!
Kerry Walsh?!
Dara Torres?????!!!!
Hope Solo number 2? I'm ok with her on the list, but number two?

Those twins should be number one. I know I'm giving myself up as an over sexed, sexist pig on this post, but damn, did you guys see those twins? Holy cow!

jcoover
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Nicholas Panozzo

Unread postby jcoover » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:14 pm

jumpbackin wrote:Lousy list. Izzy didn't even make it? She's top three in body, easily, and her face is good enough.

Misty May?!
Kerry Walsh?!
Dara Torres?????!!!!

Those twins should be number one. I know I'm giving myself up as an over sexed, sexist pig on this post, but damn, did you guys see those twins? Holy cow!

which twins?
"We can, by God, let our demons loose and just wail on!" - John L Parker

Vault&Flip
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach

Unread postby Vault&Flip » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:45 pm

jumpbackin wrote:Lousy list. Izzy didn't even make it? She's top three in body, easily, and her face is good enough.

After seeing that interview they did with her during the olympics she gets nowhere near my top 50, her personality is a bit much.

jumpbackin
PV Whiz

Unread postby jumpbackin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:03 am

jcoover wrote:

Misty May?!
Kerry Walsh?!
Dara Torres?????!!!!

which twins?

Number 10 on the list; http://sports.popcrunch.com/the-50-hott ... pics-10-1/

jumpbackin
PV Whiz

Unread postby jumpbackin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:12 am

Vault&Flip wrote:

After seeing that interview they did with her during the olympics she gets nowhere near my top 50, her personality is a bit much.

It's not a personality list but I know what you mean. The way she celebrates after each world record like she's done the most unbelievable thing EVER. I can see going overboard, the way she does, for the first world record. After that, the celebrating should be toned down a bit.

She's still beautiful though.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:55 pm

jumpbackin wrote:
Vault&Flip wrote:

It's not a personality list but I know what you mean. The way she celebrates after each world record like she's done the most unbelievable thing EVER. I can see going overboard, the way she does, for the first world record. After that, the celebrating should be toned down a bit.

What's that saying?

No matter how hot she is, somebody somewhere is tired of her sh!t.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

old vaulter
PV Whiz
Expertise: High School Vaulter. High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 13'4
Favorite Vaulter: Jeremy McGrath

Unread postby old vaulter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 pm

I have always respected Isi and her records but she turned me off on her after listening to her interviews....That being said,I really wonder if that is the american in me because the remarks were generated towards Jen...I wondered to myself if it was the other way how would I feel and I really think I would be turned off to whomever would be in the position Yelena is and say those things. The thing that really got me was when she said Jen obvoiusly has no respect for me because of the things she said at her press conference (kick some russian butt) and continued on to say I should be respected because of all I have done and athletes should have respect for one another, but then turn around and in the next question to her...Will she (Jen) ever be a threat to you at any point in your vaulting career she laughs and says no...she will never be able to threaten my position, what she is doing now, I did 4 years ago....So the question is who is being disrespected in these exchanges...Jen said what she said in a light laughing manner but Yelena's comments were said matter of factly right after she says athletes should have more respect...I dont get it

BTW... she may be hot but I wouldnt want to live with it all day!!!

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:12 pm

Based on what I saw of them, the Australian women should have made up over half of that list.

golfdane
PV Pro

Unread postby golfdane » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:19 am

jumpbackin wrote:
Vault&Flip wrote:

You are sure you are not Jacques Rogge?

The world records, everytime she sets one, is the rewards for many tedious hours of training and preparation, and one more marker achieved towards her end goal. She should be allowed to celebrate. An athlete that breaks records without showing signs of exaltation and jubilation, is arrogant and IMO a much bigger turnoff, than someone going wild everytime it happens.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 am

I don't think anyone has issues with Isi celebrating at all. It's the fact that it appears put on and fake. Basically it looks like she's just mugging for the camera.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

Return to “Pole Vault - International”