Grigorieva to be coached by Bubka’s guru

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
zack

Unread postby zack » Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:43 am

Found this on iaaf.com

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=20070.html

Friday 29 November 2002
Sydney, Australia - Commonwealth Games Pole Vault champion Tatiana Grigorieva is Australian athletics’ pin-up girl, burdened with the non-pc epithet of the “chick on a stickâ€Â

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:47 am

training with petrov....that'd be sweet
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:41 am

I love the whole artical, It shows that Tatiana obviously wants to break onto the pole vaulting scene once again. But the only problem is, if you even want to get close to being a world champion nowadays, you have to jump 15 at a bare minimum. Tatiana hasn't even got there yet. She has probably one of the lowest pr's in the world for the creme de la crem of eliete women vaulters. But then again she's 27 and still has some time left. One more thing, I cant believe she and her husband are paying for the coaching out of there own pockets. I guess its a good thing that she has her modeling and cloathing company. I hear she makes lots of bank with all of that. She is one of the biggest celebrity women in the entire country of Austrailia, it would be great to see her jump 15+ though!
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

Return to “Pole Vault - International”