Isinbayeva opens with 4.70

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Isinbayeva opens with 4.70

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:39 am

Translation via Google

http://www.rusathletics.com/nov/news.10720.htm

"Do not worry, everything will be fine!"

21/01/2012

Multiple world record holder, double Olympic champion in pole vault Yelena Isinbayeva with the best result in Russia won the "Governor's Cup."
Highlight of the "Governor's Cup," in Volgograd was the performance of two-time Olympic champion, world record holder Yelena Isinbayeva. Lena began, when all rivals have already completed the competitions. It is easy, with a huge margin, broke 4.70, but then could not handle three times the height of 4.80.

Yelena Isinbayeva:

"I feel great, and I am in excellent condition. It was my first test start. I have never began early in the season, but not nervous, because, again, am in excellent physical shape. You saw what I took with a lot of the initial height of 4.70, but when a right has not coped with 4.80, something went wrong technically. Double pole has changed, but have to get out the old technical errors, the run went unstable: do not run up, then ran. I do not competed for a long time and have to jump and jump. 4.70 - a level from which you can push off, and I'm sure everything will be fine. Of course, today would jump higher, because at the end of December, I sprang estimation 5.01 and was confident that today will succeed. I am grateful for the support of the audience, thank your friends for what came to cheer for me, thank the parents who worried about me on the podium. I want to tell everyone: Do not worry, everything will be fine, I believe in it. "

slvr1969
PV Whiz
Favorite Vaulter: Yelena Isinbayeva

Re: Isinbayeva opens with 4.70

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am

http://www.iaaf.org/Mini/WIC12/News/New ... x?id=63389

Saturday, January 21, 2012
Isinbayeva clears 4.70m in Volgograd

Yelena Isinbayeva of Russia gets ready to compete in Daegu (Getty Images)
Volgograd, Russia – The Governor’s Cup in Volgograd is one of the most popular annual track and field tournaments of the Russian indoor season.

At today’s edition the focus of public’s attention was the Pole Vault runway and landing area. A lot of fans of Yelena Isinbayeva, including her parents and close friends came to the indoor hall of the Institute of Physical Culture and Sport in Volgograd to support the latest competition of the World record holder and reigning Olympic champion, her first of 2012.

It’s rather rare for the inhabitants of this large city on the banks of Volga where Isinbayeva these days has her permanent residence to see her competing in Volgograd. The hall was overcrowded with the spectators in high expectation amid rumours that in one of her practice jumps their heroine had cleared 5m.

In the competition itself Isinbayeva’s first effort at 4.70 was impeccable, and turned out to be enough for her to win the 2012 Governor’s Cup. Her following three attempts at 4.80 were rather good but not successful, with Isinbayeva changing the poles twice. May be it was uneasy for her technically but at least physically she looked quite well prepared. The run-off wasn’t that good but Isinbayeva and her coach Yevgeniy Trofimov are well concentrated on the new Olympic season, and confirmed she needed more competition experience.

Return to “Pole Vault - International”