The Official Flying with Poles Thread.

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
ADTF Academy
PV Follower

Re: The Official Flying with Poles Thread.

Unread postby ADTF Academy » Fri May 25, 2012 8:06 pm

wtfisup wrote:
Makes me think even if I can get my poles to Rome or Sao Paulo I still have big problems on the last leg of both trips. Anybody fly poles into Italy and Brazil? Thank you! Bubba

Mary Saxer and Mark Hollis flew to Brazil recently, they could provide insight. I'd say the best/safer bet is to fly into the major port and then rent a car.. depending on distance of course.

TAM LINHAS AEREAS

They didn't charge Mary Saxer to fly with poles to and from Sao Paulo from Miami. From what I saw they have a loose policy like Delta and will charge up to $150.00 but depends on who you get at the counter. There is a length restriction if you go by there luggage rules, but if flying on Airbus, 747 or 777 they will take the poles no problem.

wurster490
PV Whiz
Lifetime Best: 5.51m

Re: The Official Flying with Poles Thread.

Unread postby wurster490 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:30 am

When I've competed in Brazil, I flew in with either US Airways or Delta to a major airport. Brazilia and Sao Paulo and then took a Tam flight to the smaller destination. Just make sure it is an A319 and up, MD 88, or any bigger boeing and you should be ok. Delta changed my flight on the way home last year and when I got to Atlanta my connecting flight was an express...they don't take poles. So it was a bit of a hassle! I think Tam uses A319, 320's.

Return to “Pole Vault - International”