Holly Bleasdale 4.77i

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Holly Bleasdale 4.77i

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:20 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/fe ... oor-trials

Holly Bleasdale soars to break British indoor pole vault record
Anna Kessel in Sheffield
The Observer, Saturday 9 February 2013 13.04 EST

Holly Bleasdale wins the womens pole vault at the English Institute of Sport, Sheffield. Photograph: John Giles/PA
Holly Bleasdale gave the performance of the day as she recorded the best jump in the world this year, nailing her second-highest clearance to win the British indoor pole vault title with 4.77m. "I'm in a really good place," said Bleasdale, who won bronze at the World Indoor Championships in 2012, before finishing sixth in her first Olympic final.

"Training is going well and everything seems to be slotting into place, so I just need to fine-tune things really. It gives me a lot of confidence, I've got a few more competitions now and every time I compete I get stronger."

Bleasdale switched coaches last year to work with the American Dan Pfaff, who helped Greg Rutherford to Olympic gold in the long jump, and has since worked on changing her technique. The Lancastrian, who took up the sport four years ago, joined the competition at 4.35m, clearing 4.50m at her second attempt, before sailing over 4.65m. It was when the bar was moved to 4.77m, however, that Bleasdale stuttered, failing her first two attempts, before composing herself to soar over the height to a stadium record, which was greeted by rapturous applause.

"I was really happy when I cleared 4.77m on my last attempt. I didn't quite hook things up how I'd like to but I can't complain with 4.77m and I know that once I hook everything up I'll be in a good place."

Return to “Pole Vault - International”