Thiago da Silva, 5.83m

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
Pogo Stick
PV Pro
Expertise: Former "College" Vaulter, Masters Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70/15'5
Favorite Vaulter: Władysław Kozakiewicz

Thiago da Silva, 5.83m

Unread postby Pogo Stick » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:59 am

http://www.iaaf.org/news/report/583m-po ... ago-da-sil
5.83m Pole Vault area record for Thiago da Silva at South American Championships

The 48th edition (38th for women) of the South American Championships begun in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, on Friday (5) and Brazil’s Thiago da Silva produced the highlight of the day by vaulting to an area record of 5.83m.

Da Silva, the 2012 World Junior Champion and still only 19 years old, improved his previous personal best of 5.60m three times.

His sequence of jumps was: 5.20-1, 5.30-1, 5.40-1, 5.50-1, 5.65-2, 5.70-1, 5.83-3, but after his record vault, he decided to call it a day.

The previous record of 5.82m had been set by another Brazilian, Augusto de Oliveira, just two weeks ago in Hof on 22 June.

“The previous night I dreamed 5.83”, commented da Silva.

“This is a great feeling because the season hadn’t been going in the way we were expecting. I had a terrible headache during the competition and I felt tired.

“However, I had a very solid day, technically speaking but I wasn’t prepared for such a height and I actually had to borrow one of German Chiaraviglio’s poles for 5.70 and 5.83.”

-- Pogo

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." W. Edwards Deming

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Thiago da Silva, 5.83m

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:52 am

Wow! That's quite the improvement.

Sombrerero loco
PV Newbie
Expertise: Fan
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Igor Bychkov

Re: Thiago da Silva, 5.83m

Unread postby Sombrerero loco » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:24 am

amazing performance. he is clearly now the leader of his generation(and a bit over). 5.83 for his age is a really stunning height....hopefully he cana keep improving like this...he will give us many good years of nice pole vaulting for sure, he is so talented...what an improvement this year, simply WOW....

Return to “Pole Vault - International”