http://www.istaf.de/en/0/index.html (Look here for the Startlist and Results too.)
All five medallists from World Championships in Peking: ISTAF set for unprecedented pole-vault showdown!
The Internationales Stadionfest in Berlin (ISTAF) has never had a pole-vault competition like it! All five medallists from the World Championships in Peking will be converging on Berlin for the world’s oldest and best-attended athletics meeting on 6th September. The line-up will include the surprise world champion Shawnacy Barber (Canada), the Peking silver medallist Raphael Holzdeppe (Zweibrücken), world record holder Renaud Lavillenie (France) and Piotr Lisek and Pawel Wojciechowski from Poland, who took bronze with vaults that equalled the height cleared by Lavillenie. The men’s pole vault in Peking’s Olympic stadium was a thrilling competition with an unforeseen outcome. Few experts would have predicted that the French supremo, Lavillenie, would once again be thwarted in his bid for his first World Championship gold, such had been the strength of his appearances so far this season, with two 6-metre vaults. Yet after clearing 5.80m at his first attempt he failed three times with the bar at 5.90m, a height which Shawnacy Barber vaulted in one go and title holder Raphael Holzdeppe in two attempts. Neither managed 6 metres. And now they are all pitching up for the re-match at the 74th ISTAF in Berlin.
Will Lavillenie redeem himself in this rematch with Barber?
What order will they finish in this time?
What's your predictions?
I'll go with:
1. Shawn Barber (he's still unbeatable!)
2. Renaud Lavillenie (just because)
3. Piotr Lisek (looked good in Beijing and Zurich)
4. Sam Kendricks (if he's entered. He's due for a big jump.)
5. Pawel Wojciechowski (or Robert Sobera, the 3rd of the Polish trio)
6. Kevin Menaldo (if he's entered. He cleared 5.80 on his 3rd try in Beijing, but missed out on the bronze.)
7. Raphael Holzdeppe (inconsistent lately - he can't seem to clear the higher bars on 1st attempt)