Isi updates ...

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Isi updates ...

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:19 pm

Nothing very exciting, but there are a couple of articles on the Спорт-Экспресс website ...

On 13 December 2005, Sport-Express wrote:Isinbayeva will continue to represent Volgograd

The Olympic champion and world recordholder in polevaulting is not going to change her place of residence and will continue her appearances for Volgograd. "About her decision Isinbayeva informed us, after sending letter by the fax, described to the agency of sport information "entire sport" the chairman of the Volgograd provincial Sportkomitet - Committee for Physical Culture and Sports Victor Ivanov. - in itis verbatim said: "I place my reputation on the fact that I will represent at all competitions the city of Volgograd."

As already communicated, the group of the deputies of the Volgograd town council proposed to develop a number of measures for the return of Yelena Isinbayeva to her native city. In particular, it is intended to create a fund of support for well-known athletes, creating a positive image of the Volgograd province.
and ...
On 14 December 2005, Sport-Express wrote:Yelena Isinbayeva requests to be freed from selection to the world championships

To the address of the All-Russian federation of the track and field sports (VFLA) arrived a fax from the Olympic champion and world recordholder of polevaulting, Yelena Isinbayeva, in which she requests to be freed from the appearance at the winter championship of Russia and to allow her participation in the indoor world championships, which, let us recall, will pass in Moscow, without selection. The state trainer for team Russia, Valeriy Kulichenko, in his commentary to the agency of sport information "entire sport" stated that he regularly contacts with the new trainer of Yelena Isinbayeva, Vitaliy Petrov, who regularly informs him about the plans and the training schedule of his ward. "The request of Isinbayeva will be satisfied", emphasized Valeriy Kulichenko.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

A couple more new items.

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:00 am

Two more brief articles in Спорт-Экспресс this morning ...

On 19 December 2005, Sport-Express wrote:Isinbayeva: "The decision to part with Trofimov was the only one possible"

Olympic champion and world record holder in the polevaulting, Yelena Isinbayeva, explained her withdrawal from her long-standing teacher, Yevgeny Trofimov, as a search for "new motivation". About this she stated in an exclusive interview with the agency for sport information "Entire sport".

"With Yevgeny Vasilevich I attained everything, what only it is possible to dream," said Isinbayeva. "I became the European and world champion. I won in the Olympic games. 18 times I renewed world records. Finally, I was the first to overcome the height of 5.00 meters. And I understood at some moment that to me it is required after such stunning successes, new motivation, the new strong desire to create, namely creation I consider sport as a whole and polevaulting in particular. In this situation the change of trainer I calculated as a normal act, necessary for achievement of new apexes".

According to Yelena Isinbayeva, this was not a spontaneous decision: "The decision to change trainer arrived not in one day. I never I make decisions rashly. Before saying or doing something, I think much, I weigh, I am advised by my closest people - by my parents and sister. When everything was explained, they understood and they supported me. The decision to part with Trofimov was not light, but in this situation was the only one possible and even necessary. And money here was not the issue".
and ...
On 19 December 2005, Sport-Express wrote:For Isinbayeva it is pleasant to again study gymnastics

Olympic champion and world record holder in polevaulting, Yelena Isinbayeva, sees "many differences" in the preparation procedures of her previous and present teachers, Yevgeny Trofimov and Vitaliy Petrov. "The preparation procedures of Trofimov and Petrov differ," described Isinbayeva in an interview with the agency for sport information "Entire sport". "Vitaliy Afanasevich gives much attention to the culture of motion, to the technical nuances, and also to gymnastic preparation. The appearance of gymnastics in my trainings is especially pleasant to me. Indeed for 11 years I was occupied by this form of sport under the management of Marina Mikhaylovny and Aleksandr Ivanovich Lisovykh."

Also Yelena Isinbayeva named the composition of her new team, whom helps her to be prepared for the new season. Together with the trainer Vitaliy Petrov, is the Swedish manager Daniel Vesfold and the company Podium headed by Andreas Metzler.

I guess Trofimov will be happy that she also says it wasn't a money issue, but he did say that he was angered by her prior "seeking new motivation" statements, so he probably won't be happy that she's sticking with that story.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Full text of interview available

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:25 am

The full text of the "Vyes' sport" interview is now here, in case you're interested.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Two more short articles

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:22 pm

There were a couple of new (and very brief) Isinbayeva articles this weekend in the Russian press:

On 6 Jan 2006 Спорт Экспресс (Sport Express) wrote:Isinbayeva is training in Donetsk

Olympic champion and 18-time world record-setter in polevaulting, Yelena Isinbayeva at present is situated in Donetsk, where together with her new trainer, Vitaliy Petrov she is preparing for the winter world championship in Moscow. Andreas Mettsler, the head of the Podium company, which supervises Isinbayev, related this to the agency for sport information "Vyes sport".

"Lena spent the new-year holidays in her native Volgograd in the circle of her family," described Andreas Mettsler. "Now she is in Donetsk, and will stay here also, at least, two weeks. Soon precisely there takes place the first press conference after her break with the trainer Yevgeny Trofimov. I am occupied by last preparations for it".

and ...
On 7 Jan 2006 Спорт Экспресс (Sport Express) wrote:Is opened the personal site of Yelena Isinbayeva

The official Internet site of the Olympic champion, the world and European champion, and 18-time world record breaker in polevaulting, Yelena Isinbayeva, will be opened in two weeks - www.elenaisinbaeva.com. Andreas Mettsler, head of the Podium company, which manages all business matters for Isinbayeva, related this to the agency for the sport information "Vyes sport".

"Yelena Isinbayeva's site for the English and Russian languages was prepared for the new year," described Mettsler. "But at the last moment, on the eve of the starting, they noted one small technical omission - the absence of support for the Russian keyboard and Cyrillic alphabet. The programmers missed that, and Yelena has an enormous number of worshippers in Russia, who for sure will want to leave their wishes and questions for her in the Russian language. This shortage now is being corrected. I think, after only two weeks the site www.elenaisinbaeva.com will start up."
Just a small technical omission. :eek: Doh!

She's also mentioned in another brief article that I translated in another thread, since it mostly quotes Feofanova.
Last edited by BruceFlorman on Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bvpv07
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:50 pm

worshippers in Russia? :P
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:10 am

bvpv07 wrote:worshippers in Russia? :P

Possibly I should have translated "poklonnikov" as "admirers" rather than "worshippers". :D

mikepv1
Muahahahaha!!

Damn...

Unread postby mikepv1 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:53 am

I hate to admit it, but she looks hot in that picture on the home page...like blisteringly hot. Damn.
"For a few seconds, it is as if you are a bird."
-Sergei Bubka

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Honorary citizen of Donetsk

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:26 am

On 17 Jan 2006 Спорт-Экспресс (Sport-Express) wrote:Isinbayeva became an Honorary citizen of the city of Donetsk

Russian polevaulter, Olympic champion and 18-time world record holder Yelena Isinbayeva has received Donetsk citizenship. The decision about awarding it to the Russian sportswoman, who on the strength of her 2005 performance was acknowledged as the best track and field athlete of Europe, was made during a recent session of the city council in the mining capital, reports RTR-sport.ru. Specifically, in the past year Isinbayeva became the first woman to overcome the five-meter height in polevaulting. This occurred on 22 July in London. Later Isinbayeva improved her height by one centimeter, establishing her ninth world record in the year after winning the World Championship in Helsinki. Also, during March, Yelena became the champion of Europe indoors, after subjugating the height of 4.90 meters.

The title "Honorary citizen of the city of Donetsk" was awarded to the sportswoman for her weighty contribution to strengthening the friendly connections and authority of Donetsk, the region and Ukraine on a world scale, by increasing the significance of the traditional "Stars of the Pole" tournament, which she has twice won, and for the development and popularization of light athletics and sport as a whole.

Recently Yelena Isinbayeva changed her place of residence and moved to Donetsk, where she is trained under the management of the repeated champion and world record holder, Sergey Bubka, who is also an honorable citizen of Donetsk.

CB
PV Whiz
Expertise: PV Coach

Unread postby CB » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:12 am

Will Yelena Isinbayeva weg?
Ein Gerücht hat offenbar den russischen Verband erschreckt. Nach einer Meldung des Sportinformationsdienstes (sid) denkt die Stabhochsprung-Weltrekordhalterin Yelena Isinbayeva möglicherweise darüber nach, die Nationalität zu wechseln. Der 23-Jährigen wird ein Interesse an Italien nachgesagt, wo sie einen mit sechs Millionen US-Dollar dotierten Fernsehvertrag erhalten haben könnte. Yelena Isinbayeva, die nun zusichern soll, weiter für Russland starten zu wollen, wird sich einen solchen Wechsel aber gut überlegen müssen. Erteilt ihr der abgebende Verband nämlich keine Freigabe, droht ihr eine dreijährige Sperre bei internationalen Meisterschaften.

http://www.leichtathletik.de/index.asp?pg=http://www.leichtathletik.de/dokumente/pressemitteilung_view.asp?ID=10021

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:02 am

CB wrote:Will Yelena Isinbayeva weg?
I think the key word in the prior article is "Honorary", even though the word Почетным could possibly be translated as "Honerable". She's stated on several separate occasions that's she's not planning any official change of citizenship. For example, from http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7091
ЕИ - On the Internet I read something absurd: supposedly they gave not only an apartment to me, but they even offered the post of chairman of the sports committee. Thanks, but not necessary. I bought my apartment with my own money. And I am not going anywhere. I will always represent Volgograd and Russia.
Last edited by BruceFlorman on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Quick on the trigger

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:52 am

Possibly I was a little quick on the trigger with my earlier reply, since I failed to fully grasp the gist of the German article when I ran it through Babelfish. However ...

On 18 Jan 2006 Спорт-Экспресс (Sport-Express) wrote:Italy proposes 6 million for Isinbayeva to change her citizenship

The German publication "Zudeutche Zeitung" reports that Italy has made a tempting proposal to Yelena Isinbayeva. The Russian polevault champion will receive six million dollars if she will take Italian citizenship. "Zudeutche Zeitung" proposes that the All-Russian Federation for Light Athletics require a written statement from the Russian sportswoman that in the future she will continue to represent only the team of Russia, according to RIA Novosti.

Should she change her citizenship, Yelena Isinbayeva, honored in 2005 with the title of best athlete in the world and Europe, would be forced not to participate in official competitions for three years. And this means that in 2007 she would not be able to defend her title of World Champion, and she would also be forced to forego participation in the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing.

In November the sportswoman from Volgograd split with her previous trainer, Yevgeny Trofimov, who discovered the world sport star eight years ago. The present trainer of Isinbayeva, living in Donetsk (Ukraine), is Sergey Bubka.

On 18 February Isinbayeva plans to participate in the competitions in Birmingham. For the establishment of a world record the organizers offer 30 000 dollars. If Isinbayeva succeeds in establishing a sequential world record in Birmingham, then she will also automatically beat the record for prize payments earned in competitions by Tumann Albion. So far Isinbayeva has earned 280 thousand dollars from Great Britain.

How is it that the same publication can print a long interview about her "historic" partnership with Petrov, then less than three weeks later say she's being trained by Bubka? Some editor was asleep at the switch.

Anyhow, I still think it's unlikely that she'll bail on Russia, even for $6M, though she's crossed me up before.

[Edit: Here's another English language article on the subject ... http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/01/18/bubkavyubke.shtml]

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Denied

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:06 am

Return to “Pole Vault - International”