Cross Country

A forum to discuss other track and field events besides the pole vault.
PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:44 pm

well, you didn't exactly uh..."specify". i would have said the same thing. lol (good thing i didn't :dazed: )
POLE VAULTING....Fear is NOT and option!

localrunner
PV Beginner

Unread postby localrunner » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:54 pm

lol..true
-Heather Bailey-

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:19 pm

oops, sorry about that
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

localrunner
PV Beginner

Unread postby localrunner » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:04 pm

No, it's ok :P
-Heather Bailey-

tim hutzley
PV Pro

Unread postby tim hutzley » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:31 am

my best is 18:42 on the mt sac 3mi course.

tigervaulter727
PV Whiz

Unread postby tigervaulter727 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:50 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:
Azbeachboy1 wrote:I dont want to sound mean or rude or anything but why in the world would any cross country runner choose to do pole vault. Pole vaulting requires lots of speed, and strength. CC requires slow twitch muscle fibers, and not amny cc runners are very strong. Im just curious as to why you cc runners chose to compete in an event that requires abilities total opposite to that which cc runners obtain?

If you are not an elite runner or an elite pole vaulter, I think the two can help each other out some. I did XC my senior year. I had never done track until the spring before, so XC definitely helped me get in better shape, and learn how to run. It hurt me in gymnastics cuz I kept spraining my ankles... but it was worth it, I had a lot of fun. I would have done diving in the fall, but that was not available to me :(

I can think of a number of HS pole vaulters in WA that are decent in both XC and pole vault. Your average high school athlete is better off doing a variety of sports, than specializing in just one.

WOW to the first person....xc people arent very strong?? wow....
you're wrong. haha.

Pole_vault'n
PV Beginner

Unread postby Pole_vault'n » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:00 pm

Hold on wait.... i'm not the only distance/polevaulter here? HARAY!!!
to the person who said distance runners are weak it really depends on the distance runner. Although i agree distance training and PV training are complete polar opposites, oh and my XC time (soon to be improved) is 21:08

MillerTime
PV Whiz

Unread postby MillerTime » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:43 pm

39:22!!!!!!!!! i just wanted to break 40, i was happy haha. my coach made me run it this fall. i can honestly say that XC is the hardest and most painful sport in the history of sports. and i will never do it again.
heyhey

kovaulter09
PV Wannabe

Unread postby kovaulter09 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:56 pm

its also the sport that gets the least reconigntion for the number hours, work and effort it takes.
Today is the DAY!

chickvaulter
PV Newbie

cross country

Unread postby chickvaulter » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:42 pm

1 mile is 6:17,5k is 24:12,and to embaressed to tell my two mile time because i have gotten much better since then ( but I think the other times are good for a jr.higher).

Return to “General Track and Field”