Bryshon Nellum Shot 3 Times

A forum to discuss other track and field events besides the pole vault.
newPVer
PV Pro

Bryshon Nellum Shot 3 Times

Unread postby newPVer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:40 pm

Sprinter Nellum recovering after being shot three times in legs

USC sprinter Bryshon Nellum is recovering after being shot in the leg three times at a Halloween party, according to media reports in California.

Nellum was shot in the left thigh and right hamstring early Friday morning and underwent surgery at California Hospital Medical Center in Los Angeles, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

Police said Nellum, 19, was shot near the end of a party early Friday morning at a restaurant near the USC campus. Doctors said surgery was successful and were hopeful that Nellum will be able to resume his track career, according to Ron Allice, his coach at USC.

"Everyone was shocked when they heard the news," Allice said, according to the Daily News. "But the doctors were hopeful, and he's always been a competitor."

Nellum, the 2007 Gatorade national boys' track and field athlete of the year, was considered a potential Olympian when he graduated from Long Beach Poly High School in 2007. He was the nation's top-ranked sprinter in the 200 and 400 meters in 2007 and the first athlete to win California state titles two straight years in both races.

No arrests have been made in the case, according to Sgt. Robin Brown of the Los Angeles Police Department's Southwest Division office, the Daily News reported.[/quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3676475
PR- 15-1
Great season, time to top it

pvtaz
PV Fan
Expertise: current high school vaulter, big track fan
Lifetime Best: 8'7"
Favorite Vaulter: my teammates

Re: Bryshon Nellum Shot 3 Times

Unread postby pvtaz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:22 am

Yikes!! I hope he can recover and still be able to run. That's scary :eek: :eek:
I hope they catch the person who did this... they suck :no:
Don't eat the crossbar.
Plant in the box.

Split
PV Master
Expertise: Former HS Vaulter, lifetime enthusiast
Lifetime Best: 11'0"
Favorite Vaulter: Giovanni Lanaro

Re: Bryshon Nellum Shot 3 Times

Unread postby Split » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 am

WOW...If he can't run after this, I can't explain what should happen to the shooter for fear of getting kicked out. :dazed: :no:
I never met a pole I didn't like.

Return to “General Track and Field”