Lagat

A forum to discuss other track and field events besides the pole vault.
BadMotherVaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter, Volunteer High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 4.35
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson, Jeff Hartwig

Lagat

Unread postby BadMotherVaulter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:58 am

I can't help but absolutely admire this guy. On top of setting records constantly and dominating distance races, he seems extremely humble and is a graceful winner.

Anyone see the Millrose mile? Or the mile or 5k at the Reebok Indoor Championships?
Last edited by BadMotherVaulter on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
suck it up.

LHSvaulter
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former High School Vaulter, Current College Vaulter, Huge Fan!
Lifetime Best: 13-6
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud Lavillenie

Re: Lagat

Unread postby LHSvaulter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 pm

I was at the Boston Indoor Games (Reebok Indoor Championship), and seeing the AR 5K was pretty awesome. I have to say, that guy is straight up beast!

I was in section 18, 3 rows up. Best seats I've had out of the 2 times I've attended in regards to viewing the pit, with one exception. The individuals around me from Ethiopia got a little annoying. They all had flags and constantly obstructed my view of the competition by hanging it in front of my face. I'm all for supporting your country and all, but this was outrageous. I was constantly being kicked/kneed in the back. I ended up missing/not being able to see the Men's Mile due to my vision being blocked by their flag :(

I wish I hadn't slipped on the ice on my way in from the car and used my camera to break my fall...otherwise I'd have HD footage of the meet like I took last year. :crying:

But I digress. Lagat is an excellent athlete, and as you said, a very humble individual and graceful winner. I expect to see big things from him in the future. :D

-Bill
Apparently, I look a lot like Michael Phelps

xjoeyx
PV Whiz
Expertise: Current College Vaulter, BIG FAN
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson, Jeff Hartwig

Re: Lagat

Unread postby xjoeyx » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 pm

I watched the millrose mile, you can tell (especially this year) he's got a fire in him when you look at his eyes/face when he runs. It's like he's telling the other racers "I'm going to beat you and there's nothing you can do. Just watch." But he's really an awesome guy on and off the track :yes:
"You can have confidence without success but you can't have success without confidence"

Return to “General Track and Field”