2008 Pole Vault Summit

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
Vault Chick
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

Reno

Unread postby Vault Chick » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:09 pm

slowest5.50 wrote:
skyshark177 wrote:I just would like to say if it is at the livestock Arena, I'm not that excited this year. The hotel was probably the best venue for the summit. You didn't have to worry about driving anywhere, everything was right there at your disposal. I just have to gripe about it I guess.
:( :no:

I'm with you! I'm not that excited either :no: Where will everyone hang out and what about supervision of the kids? It was easy for coaches to be at different locations in the same building when having multiple athletes competing. If you were at an 8:00am session and had an athlete jumping later, they just woke up and came down to where you were. Now coaches have to worry about them missing warm up time and getting to the center without problems. The coach could just run up to the room and check on them if needed. What do you think the schedule will be like when the shuttle busses are running late and athletes miss their warm up time or competition times? I would be very upset spending money and having a problem with my athlete’s competition.

On the other hand the attendance may be too low to worry about it. This is now also on Christmas break! Will ticket prices be more $$$$? I know of several people who already have vacations planned during this time :mad:

Having a Reno summit is a lot better than no Reno Summit! I still can't wait! 11'0" here it comes!
PR: 10'8" (so far!)
Chico State Track + Field!

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:10 am

The Livestock Arena is so much better than the hotel it isn't funny. Everyone has a great seat, and the coaches and parents won't be crowding the infield. Our staff won't be stretched so thin, either.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:28 pm

vaultmd wrote:The Livestock Arena is so much better than the hotel it isn't funny. Everyone has a great seat, and the coaches and parents won't be crowding the infield. Our staff won't be stretched so thin, either.

Definitely better for the competition and plenty of seating, but for recreational activities and hotel-to-area logistics though it leaves a lot to be desired.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:43 pm

Coach Fraley told me today the meet headquarters is going to be the Nugget
http://www.janugget.com/

slowest5.50
PV Nerd
Lifetime Best: 5.50

Unread postby slowest5.50 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Has anyone check plane ticket prices? They are about $200 more on those dates because of holiday travel. :dazed:
I would much rather work with 100% heart and 75% talent than 100% talent and 75% heart!

Vault Chick
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

hotel at reno

Unread postby Vault Chick » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:36 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:Coach Fraley told me today the meet headquarters is going to be the Nugget

cool, is this a for sure thing?
PR: 10'8" (so far!)
Chico State Track + Field!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:39 pm

slowest5.50 wrote:Has anyone check plane ticket prices? They are about $200 more on those dates because of holiday travel. :dazed:

Southwest had its cheapest flights available to and from Seattle when I checked a day or two ago. Not sure if they are running a Nationwide sale or not right now. I can fly roundtrip nonstop from Seattle for $134. I love being back home :heart:

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: hotel at reno

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:40 pm

Vault Chick wrote:
rainbowgirl28 wrote:Coach Fraley told me today the meet headquarters is going to be the Nugget

cool, is this a for sure thing?

I would still wait until they post details on their website before making a reservation, but I think it is for sure.

It looks like a big hotel, much bigger than the Holiday Inn.

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:52 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:
slowest5.50 wrote:Has anyone check plane ticket prices? They are about $200 more on those dates because of holiday travel. :dazed:

Southwest had its cheapest flights available to and from Seattle when I checked a day or two ago. Not sure if they are running a Nationwide sale or not right now. I can fly roundtrip nonstop from Seattle for $134. I love being back home :heart:

SW is usually the cheapest, but you can go to travelocityand pick 'flexible dates' when entering your information. They've got good deals, but there are usually date restrictions on when you can fly.
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

colby41
PV Fan

Unread postby colby41 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:27 am

uh oh, travel will proabably be bad for us in the islands...so are the dates set even when the location is not? we gotta get our tickets early.
"Live Fierce, Live Free"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:30 am

colby41 wrote:uh oh, travel will proabably be bad for us in the islands...so are the dates set even when the location is not? we gotta get our tickets early.

The city is set and I think the venues are pretty much set they are just finishing the contracts.

colby41
PV Fan

Unread postby colby41 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:50 pm

wow....the cheapest plane fares are around 800 bucks. uh oh...Houston, we have a problem
"Live Fierce, Live Free"

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”