Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
- I'm in Charge
- Posts: 30435
- Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:59 pm
- Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
- Lifetime Best: 11'6"
- Gender: Female
- World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
- Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan
- Location: A Temperate Island
I edited your questions to be a little more coherent. I also added a few options.
- PV Rock Star
- Posts: 2458
- Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:59 pm
- Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
- Lifetime Best: 5.14m
- Location: Still Searching
Too expensive, too far to drive and inconvenient, and from the looks of it, a lot less kids will be there from those factors. Im not gonna say i won't go, but its definitely a lot less chance from these changes. Dang Grand Sierra had to jack the prices just cuz they could huh?
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph
- PV Lover
- Posts: 1475
- Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:23 am
- Location: New Braunfels, TX
I spoke with Steve from UCS on Thursday. They will have about 6 buses that seat about 50 shuttling everyone back and forth between the hotel and the arena. The seating for all the competitions will be much better, nobody gets closed out of the Elite competition, in fact, they will try to invite locals to try to attract a wider fan base for the sport. Putting the Masters back on Friday night frees up some time for them on Saturday to officiate and coach. While you won't have that "all-in-one-place" convenience, it won't be that bad. Having it earlier too is better for the college community, and may possibly be better for high schoolers still on Christmas break so they don't have to miss school.
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests