Shipping Poles to Reno

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Shipping Poles to Reno

Unread postby Bubba PV » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:45 pm

FYI - I booked my poles to be shipped Burlington Air Express (BAX) to Reno through Kris Allison at Lone Star PV - kris@lonestarpv.com. They will be held at the BAX terminal and Kris will transport them to and from the Livestock Center.

The hotel nor the livestock center will accept direct shipments and we would need to coordinate a 3rd party to do that for us anyway. Surprisingly, it costs the exact same thing as it would to take them on the plane except I don’t have to hassle with them. They leave and return to my school. Contact Kris if you’re interested at kris@lonestarpv.com. Bubba

PS - I do this to every major meet I go to. You get confirmation that they have arrived at the venue before you even get on the plane to go.
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Carolina21
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.59

Unread postby Carolina21 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Has anyone flown on Continental recently with poles? Are they still accepting poles on their flights (16 feet +) ? Thanks.
-Rise to the occasion
PR: 18' 4.0

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:48 pm

My poles just got to Reno early this afternoon - Monday - 12/31. They were picked up in Houston on Friday afternoon. Great peace of mind and no hassle. Bubba
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”