"Stuczynski not attending Pole Vault Summit"

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
Tim McMichael
PV Master
Expertise: Current college and private coach. Former elite vaulter.

Unread postby Tim McMichael » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:19 pm

OMG Thirty-years. This is not the tone or tenor of this board. "Be nice" is Becca's number one rule.

big10jumper
PV Wannabe

Unread postby big10jumper » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:27 pm

I've been reading this all night... and really what right does anyone have jumping on Stuczynski about not attending the pv summit. It was very negative of bubbapv and bjvando to say that she should have been there. The 'tone' was started by those two and 30years took offense to it just like I did. If beccas #1 rule is to be nice "it's not working"! Theres nothing wrong with someone defending somebody else that is being insulted. It's called 'sticking up for someone'.

jcoover
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Nicholas Panozzo

Unread postby jcoover » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:57 pm

They were not insulting everyone. Only saying that they wished that she would have been there. Everyone obviously has respect for Jenn and everything that she has done. Jenn jumping at Reno would have been a good thing for our sport, and Tim and BJ were just pointing that out. I think everyone here (especially people who post as much as Tim and BJ and who are trying to bring all the best to this sport) is trying to be positive. :yes: :yes:
"We can, by God, let our demons loose and just wail on!" - John L Parker

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:10 pm

Once again Bubba, The messenger gets crucified.

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby bjvando » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Great seeing you too bubba! been way too long!

I dont feel like I have to defend myself here as I think I was taken out of context. I just didn't understand why she was not there. There are probably a bunch of valid reasons why she wasn't. I'm sure her and her coach have a game plan with this being an olympic year.

Everyone makes sacrifices to achieve their goals. If a long flight to the out west to the biggest event in our sports isnt wort it, then that is their prerogative. I am a fan of hers and wished I could have seen her jump, or at least there signing autographs to the hundreds of fans that look up to her.

Best of luck to her and her coach, and hope to see her (or any other Americans) bring home the gold this year! :yes:
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:12 am

I think we all would have loved to see Jenn, but she was one of many of our top athletes who could not make the trip and I haven't seen anyone criticizing them.

It would have been nice for the vault community to have her there, but there are very few sponsors outside of the vault community that care about the pole vault summit. I can't think of anyone besides UCS/Spirit, Nike, and USATF ever being involved with it. So to imply that Jenn was doing something bad for our sponsorship opportunities by not coming is unfair to her.

To be a successful elite athlete you have to make decisions like that about what is best for you this time of year.

Anyway, congrats to Jenn for having a good meet this weekend. I hope she can make it to the Summit next year.

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”