How much is RENO Gonna cost?

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
vaultin chris
PV Pro
Expertise: (Almost) Elite?
Lifetime Best: 5.42
Favorite Vaulter: Everyone Who Vaults

How much is RENO Gonna cost?

Unread postby vaultin chris » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:26 pm

what does your trip to RENO and the Summit usaually cost? not including losses from GAMBLING and BOOSING all night long. (i.e. flight cost, hotels stay, pole transport, spending money, etc.)
Chris Smith
http://jumpchrisjump.com

lonestar
PV Lover

Re: How much is RENO Gonna cost?

Unread postby lonestar » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:53 am

vaultin chris wrote:what does your trip to RENO and the Summit usaually cost? not including losses from GAMBLING and BOOSING all night long. (i.e. flight cost, hotels stay, pole transport, spending money, etc.)

Go to my website: www.lonestarpv.com and check out the article on the bottom of the page about Reno - we broke down the average costs for us over the last 3 years
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

vaultman02
PV Beginner

Unread postby vaultman02 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:20 am

This is a good question. I have gone to Reno the last two years as a high school vaulter and let me tell ya...it's not cheap. Depending on where you live, America West is a great airline to use. They never charge for pole transportation and I have never had any pole troubles when traveling with them. If you start looking early, you can usually find a ticket for around $250-$275 (again depending on where you live). Hotel rates at the Reno Hilton are a base price of $79.99 a night. You should be staying 3 nights. If all you plan to do is eat and buy a couple of shirts, you will need atleast $120-$130 for spending money (I would take even more than that, because the restaurants basically have a monopoly in the place and everything is pretty expensive. I always take atleast $200). It costs a $60 entry fee per athlete to be involved. So, if you add everything up you get a minimum of $670. I know it seems like a lot of money, but it will be well worth the cost, and I bet most of the people on the site can vouch for that!

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:13 pm

I consider reno to be the Vacation of the year for me. Well sort of. Its what I save up for all year long!!! I love it beacuse theres always something there to do, the eliete competition is mad crazy, but there is limited seating, Us vaulters here at uofa will be the people who assign seats for the eliete, so if you wanna get on my good side mabye I could arrange some preemo nice seats for you! ;) The bowling alley is another awsome thing to do!!! Cant wait!
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:32 pm

adam, hook me up, lol
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:10 pm

Brandon you give me a gurantee in winning the HS boys division I with a jump of 16 or higher and mabye I can hook ya up! ;)

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:47 pm

How is the high school division divided? If i have vaulted 14'9" what division would i be in at reno? Do college coaches watch the high school division? :confused: I have never gone to reno before.

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:45 am

15 and over is usually in hs boys I, 14-15 depending on how many entries is usually in hs boys II, and so on and so forth. But last year, I went 15 before reno and was still pu into hs boysII because there were so many competetors.

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Unread postby indestructo » Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:46 am

my friend and I haven't registered for the summit yet, are there any seats left for the elite competition??? If so, what would it take to get seated together?? I may be asking too much for being a newby to the forum here...lol, but is it possible?

jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

Reno

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:44 am

Does anyone know how they divide the HS girls? Also...if we have already registered, wouldn't we already have seating? I was thinking they did it according to when they receive the entry...do they? :dazed:
That's Jodie!!

A scripture that makes me think of all you girls and guys pole vaulting....

Habakkuk 3:19
The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:25 pm

Here's whats going on with the seating. The eliete competition is free, and you don't pre order tickets for it. You need to show up early, just like last year for the competition. A huge line will be formed outside the theatre. When the doors open, instead of everyone rushing in and finding there own seats like last year, there will be a bunch of hosts at the front door that will ask how many people are in your party, and then show you to your seats. Just like in a returant. This makes it so everyone isnt fighting to find seats, and each table will be filled opposed to like last year, when some tables made for 10 people only had like 4 or 5 people in them. This will make everything easier and the host will start sitting people in the best seats, and then work their way to the seats on the outside, so just like before, the sooner you get there the better seats you will have.

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Unread postby indestructo » Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:15 pm

makes sense.... good way to run things. Thanks
"Heart"

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”