Deadlines Extended for Summit Registration

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Deadlines Extended for Summit Registration

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:00 pm

http://www.polevaultsummit.com/

The regular deadline now runs through December 7th and the Late registration will run through December 19th.

It's not too late to sign up!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Deadlines Extended for Summit Registration

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Two more days left to sign up!!!

bobby-7626
PV Newbie

Unread postby bobby-7626 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:38 pm

I really want to hit the summit this year but due to my lack of being in shape because the HS season hasnt started yet im either going to wait till june or next jan

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Late registration extended again! December 25th is now the deadline. Merry Christmas!

Vaultiletics
PV Nerd

Unread postby Vaultiletics » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:37 pm

I love all the guys putting this on... And what a great event it is... But Extending and continuing to extend deadlines could say something about the date...

1. It is too too close to Christmas to have cash flow and make travel plans and still maintaining family plans around the holidays...
2. With new years travel Prices are still up on flights not to mention recent gas prices increasing flight price.

3. It is just too soon for the typical HS jumper to go and be ready to compete... I am not sure that even the Elite jumpers are ready to make a big trip like this so early in the season....

Last weekend of Jan... to let the indoor season get rolling (not a month before). Prices will drop off a little after Jan 15. And maybe families can financially recover a little from Christmas! But until then... extend the deadline and maybe we will change our mind about spending $500-$800!!!! :0

nitro
PV Master

Unread postby nitro » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Vaultiletics wrote:3. It is just too soon for the typical HS jumper to go and be ready to compete... I am not sure that even the Elite jumpers are ready to make a big trip like this so early in the season....

thats the main one im thinking...
pain is only temporary victory is forever

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:05 pm

The perspective of the organizers is that the primary purpose of the event is educational. So whether or not people are ready to compete is somewhat irrelevant. From an educational standpoint, the earlier in the season the better.

From a practical perspective, the first weekend of January is too close to Christmas and too expensive for those who do not live close to the event, and this is probably a big factor in decreased registrations.

slowest5.50
PV Nerd
Lifetime Best: 5.50

Unread postby slowest5.50 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:20 pm

This is a great clinic to attend and awesome environment to get lots of information and listen to great speakers give their perspective on the vault. I’m sure the elite jumpers will put on a good show and get everyone fired up for Saturday’s competitions.

I agree with early being better for information and motivation for the upcoming season, but the timing and cost is killing me! Not only were the ticket prices high but the price of getting the poles there and back is going to cut into my blackjack fund big time. I’m bringing 4 jumpers this year and all will be jumping from short run. This was a hard sell to get them to stay patient and not rush back to long approach just for this meet. I Hope everyone has fun and learns something they can take back with them to use in their daily training!
I would much rather work with 100% heart and 75% talent than 100% talent and 75% heart!

losgatos
PV Newbie

Unread postby losgatos » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:15 pm

I agree with Becca in that the primary purpose is to teach. But I would imagine that not alot of coaches would ever want to take the risk of putting there kids in this time frame in any kind of meet. And the organizers forget that this idea of teaching is great and all but most educators can take this same time to educate there kids to prepare for later meets. To most coaches this is more important than letting your kids loose for the weekend.

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”