IMPORTANT RENO INFO ABOUT FLYING POLES!!!!!!

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

IMPORTANT RENO INFO ABOUT FLYING POLES!!!!!!

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:20 pm

Just looking at Reno sight and saw this... Called UCS and the lady said she knew for sure Delta and United were no longer accepting poles as luggage!!! Also....if your flight comes in AFTER 9pm Thursday night you need to call and let them know when your flight comes in. They had planned on stopping transportation of poles at about 9pm. They said if they know you are coming in later, they will make arrangements...but you need to call them!!

BE AWARE, SOME AIRLINES ARE NO LONGER ALLOWING VAULTING POLES ON PLANES AS LUGGAGE!!!

Due to new Airline Regulations, Bax Global is offering Summit attendees a discounted shipping rate. The cost will be $45.00 each way to ship your poles to and from the Reno Hilton.

Follow these steps if you would like to take advantage of this offer:
1.) Call 1-800-CALL-BAX to find the closest Bax Cargo Office near you

2.) Bring your poles CLEARLY Marked with your Name, Address and Phone Number to the Bax office NO LATER THAN FRIDAY January 10, 2003.

3.) Ship the pole BAX SAVER - FREIGHT COLLECT TO YOURSELF using Account# 741666553
NOTE: This rate is good for Bax Saver service ONLY. NOT overnight or second day.
The shipping address is:
(Your Name)
C/.O Reno Pole Vault Summit
Bax Terminal
Reno NV, 89595

4.) There will be a set delivery time to be determined on Thursday and Friday the 16th and 17th at the Hotel.

5.) Be prepared with cash, check or credit card to pay for the shipping upon pick up.

6.) When you pick up your poles you can also pay and prepare shipping documents for the return shipping as well. You will have to pay for the return at that time also.

This offer is between you and Bax Global. UCS/Spirit, the Pole Vault Summit, and The Hilton Hotel are not responsible for any loss, damage or other concern regarding the shipping. If a problem arises it will be your responsibility to contact Bax and handle the situation yourself
That's Jodie!!

A scripture that makes me think of all you girls and guys pole vaulting....

Habakkuk 3:19
The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:47 pm

Yeah everyone on my team is flying Delta and United and my coach is stressing out. I will let him know about this.

jmayesvaultmom
PV Follower

Flying poles

Unread postby jmayesvaultmom » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:01 pm

The other thing make sure you notice the part that says:

NO LATER THAN FRIDAY January 10, 2003.

That's THIS Friday! :dazed:
That's Jodie!!

A scripture that makes me think of all you girls and guys pole vaulting....

Habakkuk 3:19

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;

he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

he enables me to go on the heights.

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:46 pm

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttttt. I have a meet this Saturday. :mad:

hurstiger
PV Fan

Flying poles on United

Unread postby hurstiger » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:08 am

My son works for United and will check tomorrow for latest info. As far as he knows now, you can't fly poles as checked baggage but can fly poles as oversized baggage for the $80 fee as long as it will fit on the aircraft. We fly 16-17 ft bag and have only had problems on the commuter planes. No problems on 737's on up!!! I'll let you know if United's policy has changed tomorrow.

hurstiger
PV Fan

United still flys poles

Unread postby hurstiger » Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:31 pm

United's policy is the same:
16' max length
must be in case-or sign damage waiver release
check in 30 min prior to normal check-in time

We are flying United and have flown with them for a long time and haven't had any problems!! If you get a customer service rep who looks confused when you show up with "those long javelin things" don't hesitate to ask for a supervisor. Good Luck

PimpVaulter11
PV Fan

Unread postby PimpVaulter11 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:13 pm

I don't know what airlines we are flying but, they said it was ok to bring our pole as luggage. They said it would be fine on the plane. Because we have a meet this weekend.

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”