Reno Injuries

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
Oyndapants
PV Fan

Unread postby Oyndapants » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:46 pm

the best was when the guy on pit 5 had his pole fly up and hit the ceiling
"Where are my shoes? Thats it, I'm going out shoeless."

wurster490
PV Whiz
Lifetime Best: 5.51m

Unread postby wurster490 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:53 pm

He's a decathlete from McNeese, first the pole nailed him in the ribs and then shot into the ceiling. Cool guy none the less.

kineticsurfer
PV Newbie

Unread postby kineticsurfer » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:35 pm

bjvando wrote:my friend fell half in the box and half on the runway, and beat up his shoulder pretty good, he was on Pit 3 i think around noon... he is ok though, just real sore, and REALLY lucky nothing major happened.

well the results came back from the doctor, avulsion fracture to my clavicle and a level one separation. out for at least 4 weeks, but i can start running on monday. i'd say i am very lucky to have only injured myself this little. at least i got a 1 cm PR at reno too, but i think i learned more from this meet than any other meet before. reno was a blast. lots of good memories made. i have my fall on video and would post it on here but dont know how, if anyone knows how, let me know. -clay.

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:31 pm

email it to Sean Brown of neovault.com he would be more than happy to post it, maybe!
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”