Celebrity Sightings

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:27 pm

GirlPoleVaulter87 wrote:i feel sooooo bad going up to celebrities. i'm wayyy to shy to do that. how do u get up the nerve to go up to regis and be like hey i don't know you and i'm gonna bother you and take time out of your day to take a picture and show all my friends how pissed off you were at the airport?

that takes guts

I agree, im a scardy cat when it comes to celebritys. I was to scared to talk 2 tim mack at reno :crying:
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:22 pm

saraf wrote:... it was cool I went out to dinner with pat manson and Dean Starkey and Mrs Starkey. that was FUN

"Mrs Starkey"? Isn't she the famous one? A lot of people refer to Dean as "Jill's husband."
;)

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:15 pm

I saw Wilson, next year I'm going to work up the nerve to talk him into coming back to Texas!
compete and jump safe, have fun

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:57 am

vaultmd wrote:
saraf wrote:... it was cool I went out to dinner with pat manson and Dean Starkey and Mrs Starkey. that was FUN

"Mrs Starkey"? Isn't she the famous one? A lot of people refer to Dean as "Jill's husband."
;)

they just happened to have careers at different points in their lives...just my opinion...they've both earned to have their full name, lol...
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:34 am

belmore wrote:I saw Wilson, next year I'm going to work up the nerve to talk him into coming back to Texas!

Presidents Day weekend, I'll be Houston for AEROS HOCKEY, BABY! :yes:

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”