Going to Reno?

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm

well i already registered, and listed my official PR as 14'. If you claim that is what the group starts at, luckily i have been vaulting a lot higher this summer, so by the time i jump that should be my starting hieght. Thats is kind of inefficient for kids jumping 14 for the first time a month before they register, then having to come in at 14 at the meet. Maybe they explain that better when you register, but i didnt see any asterisk explaining how they organize starting hieghts.
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:40 am

vault3rb0y wrote:well i already registered, and listed my official PR as 14'. If you claim that is what the group starts at, luckily i have been vaulting a lot higher this summer, so by the time i jump that should be my starting hieght. Thats is kind of inefficient for kids jumping 14 for the first time a month before they register, then having to come in at 14 at the meet. Maybe they explain that better when you register, but i didnt see any asterisk explaining how they organize starting hieghts.

You're reading a thread from the masters forum that I moved here.

None of the high school pits will start at an athlete's PR, if they list their actual PR.

hallvaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Randy Hall

Unread postby hallvaulter » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:16 am

I have always entered my actual PR when I go down to Reno. And eery group I have been in was just right.
Coach Bob Phillips

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:33 am

hallvaulter wrote:I have always entered my actual PR when I go down to Reno. And eery group I have been in was just right.

It is never a problem for the high school and college groups because there are such large numbers, they are able to group people of similar ability very closely together.

The masters groups sometimes have problems because there aren't nearly as many of them, so they have a much wider range of abilities in one group, and in an effort to keep all the pits moving on time, they often have to vault in larger height increments.

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”