RENO PV SUMMIT QUESTIONS

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
tigervaulter727
PV Whiz

RENO PV SUMMIT QUESTIONS

Unread postby tigervaulter727 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:36 pm

Hi Everyone!
I am new to the whole traveling for pole vault scene, so can someone please fill me in on Reno? What all goes on? Favorite parts? Memories? Things you're looking forward to?
Okay, THANK YOU!!! :yes: :) :yes: :) :yes: :) :yes:

bvpv07
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:29 pm

Wow, we're starting a bit early, aren't we?

The Reno Pole Vault Summit is one of the most amazing things that you'll ever get to experience. It's usually held in mid-late January and is a 2/2.5 day event. Check-in begins on Thursday at the Reno Hilton. After a general assembly on Friday morning, you're split into groups for development clinics, lectures, body composition testing (if they continue to do that), and a bit of vaulting. This lasts until 5 pm or so. Then, everyone grabs a bite to eat and gets ready for the elite show in the Hilton Theater that starts at 7pm and goes until it's done (usually around 10-11pm, depending on how everyone's vaulting). Saturday, everyone competes by ability/age levels...starting at 8:30 am and going on until late into the night.

First of all, the atmosphere is just incredible. Pole vaulters are just a whole different breed altogether and everyone is so nice and amiable. This is one of the only places where we can literally take over an entire hotel for a weekend and no one will look at you twice if you're carrying a pole bag down the stairs. So awesome...it's hard to describe.

The elite show will blow you away...the energy is great and everyone is just there to have a good time.

Oh, I love it! I've had some bad luck the last two times that I've gone, but just being there makes you fall even more in love with pole vaulting. :)

Do a thread search (look up above...there's a little magnifying glass icon next to it) for more information and past threads. :yes:
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:04 pm

haha... i love a place where all us outcast pole vaulters can get together and be happy!! Like a bunch of lepers around the country finally finding a leper colony!!
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”