Correction 2 comments made @ the Mich. State Assoc. Meeting!

A forum to discuss anything related to Michigan

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 pm

It was called to my attention by more than 3 coaches and manufacturers who attended the Michigan State Associated Meeting last week, that a speaker voiced his opinion about label required on Vaulting poles!
I would like to inform all that the comments were in my opinion misleading and not factual.
Non factual Comments were made as follows;
1. That being ESSX poles were made in the same building as Altius poles, they must be the same!
PROPER RESPONSE IS: This is a false statement and any one who has vaulted on the two can tell you the facts they are made different sometimes on different mandrels and in different ovens. The pattern and the precise layout and alignment of the patterns is calculated to insure no twisters and that the pre-bend and the soft side truly line up.
ESSX poles are carbon from 13' on up and any similarities to either line will only occur within the 10"8" poles only due to the design limits!
2. That a manufacturer refuses to send out labels for his old poles and refuses to provide labels for new poles made!
PROPER RESPONSE IS: The old poles on the market without the required pole rating labels were produced by a previous manufacturer and corporation.
With the previous manufacturer out of the BIZ, and the new owner of the name currently applying a label to his new product! Makes this comment made with the intent to defame the new maker with irregardless of the truth! The new owner of Altius has been using proper labels on his poles for the last 6 years since 2003.
The speaker at the meeting has in the past advocated to me that old vaulting poles need to be retired, expired, and banned. I believe a rule or the avocation of testing and re-certifying vaulting poles may increase vaulting pole sales, however it would ruin the school budgets and be the death of the sport.
While as a manufacturer I always wish to increase positive sales, I have no desire to promote the DEATH of the sport!
IF YOU NEED PROPER POLE LABELS
If you have a vaulting pole that has a weight rating engraved on it that is not a Spirit or a Gill product and need a label to allow it to be used in competition, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL WITH A PHOTO OF THE ENGRAVING and or Serial number of the pole. Send to Bruce@xlogicsports.com
For only $10.00 per label and $5.00 shipping and handling charge we will do our best to help you to make sure safe poles can be certified to be used!
We can handle the following brands only! CAT-A-POLE after 1982- 2007 , FiberSport poles 1977 to 1980 (no trainer poles) Maxima 4 poles 1985-1995, ESSX Poles 1998 to date!, and Altius after 2003. With statutes of limitations going back 7 years the coach must be responsible for any changes to the pole including the new label!
In your email you must be responsible to insure in writing that the pole has not been cut down, has no scratches on it or has not been used by an overweight vaulter! If such is a fact a replacement ring label that matches the serial number and/or the etched weight rating the pole can be certified to be used in a meet!
Bruce@xlogicsports.com

Return to “Michigan”