Saugatuck clinic

A forum to discuss anything related to Michigan

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

altius
PV Rock Star

Saugatuck clinic

Unread postby altius » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:26 pm

A great clinic at Saugatuck - a beautiful spot. Great kids who worked really hard for three days and the following coaches attended -
Doug Clark - Sturgis High School -amazing to meet a guy who had read my first ever paper on the vault "The Russian revolution in the pole vault" that was published in 1989
Shelly Kindig - Centerville High School - great to see a passionated committed female coach with athletes who love her.
Walt Kooyer - Zeeland West High School - saved my bacon by helping me get my cheque from Concordia cashed.
Phil Eichbauer- Coleman High School - an old friend from Slippery Rock days

Put together by George Sipes, another of those passionate individuals who is giving his lede to helping young people enjoy sports - in fact the sort of person BTB is dedicated to. Thanks George for the opportunity to meet these good folk and work with them.

Michigan must be just like Minnesota, with hundreds of great knowledgeable vault coaches who really do not need to learn anymore than they already know. Clearly John Wooden's words dont apply to them. Love to see the State age group records compared with those of little 'old one track' Adelaide -they must demolish us! :idea: :yes:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

Skyfly
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former High School Vaulter, High School and Club Coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Re: Saugatuck clinic

Unread postby Skyfly » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Sorry I wasn't able to make it out there Alan to join you all, but I heard from a few athletes that it was a great camp! Appreciate you coming to Michigan, even if I wasn't able to take advantage of it.

Return to “Michigan”