lost my coach

This is a forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to intermediate level pole vaulting.
vaultgirlsummer
PV Newbie

lost my coach

Unread postby vaultgirlsummer » Fri May 18, 2007 9:56 am

Hey my coach is moveing away this season and I need some help.

I am having some trouble with my turn and pull. I don't think I get into a good enough rock back so I guess I'm not set up in a good position to have a good inversion. Its like I see the bar under me and I and I drop my feet, so my turn is late and I hit the bar with my hip. My coach had me doing hi bar kicks and I had no trouble doing that but I really don't think that helped me to keep extending up the pole. I was wandering if any one had any drills or advice about how I can get a better pull and turn?

SinCity
PV Nerd

Unread postby SinCity » Fri May 18, 2007 11:36 am

There is probably a flaw in your vault prior to your swing. Post some videos. It is a great way to get some really good feedback.

also, hit the weights and do a lot of core training before next season.
"Na, but I think I still in good shape to compete and beat them." Bubka

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sat May 19, 2007 9:20 pm

Alan Launder will be in Boone NC July 11-12 he is also Altius on this forum. You should take advantage of him being so close to you this summer. You can find the info here.

http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=11962

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

lost my coach

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Sun May 20, 2007 1:04 pm

vaultgirlsummer, we are having a camp at UT this summer too. It will be annoucned soon. July 22-26. It'll be good to see you again! Pm me for the details. The coaches will be me, Jim Bemiller, and David Johnston (DJ).

vaultgirlsummer
PV Newbie

Unread postby vaultgirlsummer » Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 am

hey coach, I heard about the camp. One or two of our hurdlers are going to it. I am already signed up for a camp at Vault House this summer, so I probably can't go to both. I tore my hamstring a couple weeks ago so I have to be careful and not over do it. :(

HI im RILEY
PV Newbie

Unread postby HI im RILEY » Thu May 24, 2007 5:26 pm

i had that same problem. sounds like you might be trying to swing to early. my coach had me a drill where you try and keep your trail leg back throughout the whole vault. im not sure how to spell the name of it... a hugion?
that helped me be more concious about my trail leg, then i could consontrait on ripping the trail leg through.
RILEY
PV is my middle name

Return to “Pole Vault - Intermediate Technique”