Blisters

This is a forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to intermediate level pole vaulting.
bzugar
PV Wannabe
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'4"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Shawn Barber

Blisters

Unread postby bzugar » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:06 pm

So i keep getting blisters on the top part of my palms near my fingers. As soon as i get them i tape them up so i can finish practice, now that works fine but it gets kinda tedious after awhile and the blisters are usually in a spot that is really hard to tape. I've tried spray-on New-skin(?), it works... for only a few jumps then starts to peel off and take some skin with it and I've tried this stuff i got from my running store(its little 1in x 1in pads of the stuff used on burn victims and an adhesive cloth), it was k but i still had to use tape over top of it. anyone got any advice of recommendations?

P.S. I wasn't sure if this was the right forum to put this in

DLM
PV Wannabe
Expertise: Master, High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 12.6
Favorite Vaulter: Stacy Dragila

Re: Blisters

Unread postby DLM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:06 am

use a racquetball glove. they grip well and will allow your hand to heal. I use them every once in awhile. but remember, you can not use them in competition if you are in high school.

vaultdawg2014
PV Beginner
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.75
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud Lavillenie

Re: Blisters

Unread postby vaultdawg2014 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 pm

I have the same problem. About once a week, usually Sunday nights, I put a thin layer of super glue over the spots that receive the most wear. Problem 100% solved.

Return to “Pole Vault - Intermediate Technique”