Lets talk about the plant sequence. all opinions welcome

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
baggettpv
PV Master

Takeoff.

Unread postby baggettpv » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:07 am

Another way to look at the takeoff for us....
Stand flat footed with the pole STRAIGHT overhead. The buttplug shall be 2 inches away from the back of the box. when the athlete raises up to extend to a ball of foot stance (like jumping!) then the pole will contact the end of the box. That is when the athlete goes into the "....support of the pole" (quote from Petrov in Reno while playing slot machines next to me). Very important concept. Another thing about this is that there shoud not be athlete support from 2 different objects at the same time. ie ground and pole.

Just a small part of the belief system,

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:17 am

Interesting... is this because support of two objects is forcing them to use their energy to fight each other, rather than distribute the energy of the object on the ground (you running) to the an object connected to the back of the box (the pole)? I guess that makes sense if i understood that correctly... that if you are on the ground at the same time the pole is in the back, basically the two energy systems fight each other?
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”