Bemiller/Mack Model

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
agapit
PV Follower

Unread postby agapit » Tue May 01, 2007 8:57 am

dj wrote:
I wonder if Lawrence had a couch in Atlanta? And if not, why?

why wonder???

it was because Lawerence's "agent" didn't want bemiller involed or paid.

that apparently was Lawerences call...

dj

Oh. OK.
there is no spoon... www.m640.com

agapit
PV Follower

Unread postby agapit » Tue May 01, 2007 10:48 am

Dj,

Let me offer here my assessment of Mack’s Olympic Year Performance as a complete observer without bias and prejudice.

You have been working with Mack or (Jim and Mack) on your running exercises. I do not know how long you worked and to what extant. Obviously Jim and Mack did have their plan for the Games and they were proceeding with that. Here is what I have observed:

1. At around Sea Ray Relays I have noticed that Mack start significantly decreasing his “usualâ€Â

carryabigstick
PV Fan

Unread postby carryabigstick » Tue May 01, 2007 11:43 pm

In 2004 Mack seemed to do several things that you guys are really missing the point on. Agapit makes it sound like there was some lightbulb moment. He has told many people that it was the culmination of 4 years of preparation. He set his training up to allow him to peak at that time. Yes his run got better, his take-off angle got better, and he simplified his focus down to 2 or 3 things. I bet that bemiller helped him hone that focus on helped him create that "holistic" feeling of expected success and continued progress. it was all planned.

HAVE A SIMPLE FORMULA :idea:
identify weaknesses........
research......
write a custom tailored plan........
execute plan.......
periodically re-evaluate plan....
fine tune execution........
stick to your plan.........
let other people argue theory.......
stick to your plan........
stick to your plan........
trust yourself.......
stick to your plan.....
execute......
WIN.

LOL
"pole vaulters are made in the last 4 strides"

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

model

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Wed May 02, 2007 2:05 am

Hmmmmmmm Is that the . . . . . . . . . Bemiller/ Mack model???????

agapit
PV Follower

Unread postby agapit » Thu May 03, 2007 1:40 am

carryabigstick wrote:In 2004 Mack seemed to do several things that you guys are really missing the point on. Agapit makes it sound like there was some lightbulb moment. He has told many people that it was the culmination of 4 years of preparation. He set his training up to allow him to peak at that time. Yes his run got better, his take-off angle got better, and he simplified his focus down to 2 or 3 things. I bet that bemiller helped him hone that focus on helped him create that "holistic" feeling of expected success and continued progress. it was all planned.

That is good.

So we must build shrines now instead of arguing the "mute" points of "the model". Interesting.

Does the holistic approach involve “weirdâ€Â

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”