640 Model Framework: Height Clearance

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.

Did this article spark a new though?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 29

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Thu May 19, 2005 1:38 pm

:dazed: I've never the 6.01 jump in real time speed. His top is so fast. Wow.
Just you wait...

mikepv1
Muahahahaha!!

Unread postby mikepv1 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:05 am

agapit wrote:Yes, yes, what I am saying you must pull on the pole immediately after the take-off.

Most will argue that this is impossible and that no one has ever done it. Well if you study videos you will find that you are right!!! Perhaps this is why no one has really fully adopted the model yet. Again, you must think of the intentions of the vaulter not the actual performance.

Denys Yurchenko comes fairly close in the videos I have seen, especially in the video of him jumping 5.85m at this year's European Indoor Championships. In his vaults, the pulling action is pretty pronounced.
"For a few seconds, it is as if you are a bird."
-Sergei Bubka

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:37 pm

bump
Just you wait...

fx
PV Whiz

Unread postby fx » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Agapit, isnt the point of allowing the chest to travel forward in order to keep the pole moving forward toward the pit so that you can safely make the pit? I thought that was the reason why on shorter poles, there is barely if any chest driving, but watching vaulters on bigger sticks, you see them drive forward more.

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:11 am

I wouldnt count on him replying. I think he isnt responding for some...............reasons. I really hope he comes back. Really
Just you wait...

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”