Rough Meet

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
zachwinters156
PV Fan
Expertise: High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Rough Meet

Unread postby zachwinters156 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 am

Ive been really itching to get a new PR and have had some trouble. Im definately making improvements to my jump and have been jumping on larger poles but for some reason have not been able to put everything together in meets. Below is a link to a video of my final miss at 12' 6" at my most recent duel meet. Please offer some advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCvNjZgdhPc

vaultwest
PV Whiz
Expertise: college coach, masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Re: Rough Meet

Unread postby vaultwest » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Zach
Huge blow through either go up poles or if you don't have a bigger pole you will have to run from a shorter approach, mostly a good looking vault
Vault On

zachwinters156
PV Fan

Unread postby zachwinters156 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:39 pm

thanks for the input. i figured that was the problem, the only reason i was skeptical was because that was the biggest pole that i have been jumping on but i should be able to get something bigger so well see how that works. Do you think i should try out a longer pole too or just a heavier weight?

vaultwest
PV Whiz
Expertise: college coach, masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaultwest » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Depends; how long is that pole where is your Hand hold, how much do you weigh and what weight rating is that pole. looks like you can move your grip up 3 or 4 " on that length pole and if it is less than 15# over your weight I would go up to a pole that is 5 lbs stiffer first and possibly move up the grip. if that pole is already 15+ lbs over your weight I would go up to a pole 6" longer ideally same weight first and then up 5# once you get the new timing down. Good Luck
Vault On

zachwinters156
PV Fan

Unread postby zachwinters156 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:34 pm

vaultwest wrote:Depends; how long is that pole where is your Hand hold, how much do you weigh and what weight rating is that pole. looks like you can move your grip up 3 or 4 " on that length pole and if it is less than 15# over your weight I would go up to a pole that is 5 lbs stiffer first and possibly move up the grip. if that pole is already 15+ lbs over your weight I would go up to a pole 6" longer ideally same weight first and then up 5# once you get the new timing down. Good Luck
Vault On

its a 14' 155 and i weigh around 145
grip is only around 13' 6" so i think ill just move to a stiffer 14'

thanks
Zach

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”