I need A TON of help

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
iMac2014
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Sergei Bubka

I need A TON of help

Unread postby iMac2014 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm a sophomore in high school. I only got to vault about 2 weeks my freshman year, due to a broken hip. I'm on a 12' skypole and the bar is at 10'. This is not one of my best vaults but it's filmed well so here it is.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ItQizdXaXHk

mcavarano
PV Beginner
Expertise: High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13'6

Re: I need A TON of help

Unread postby mcavarano » Wed May 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Hey I'm only a high school vaulter so I might not have the best advice but I would say you could run alittle taller and also when u get towards the top of your jump you seem to be just riding out the bend instead of exstending your legs and pulling with your arms to shoot you legs up. That advice might not get you to 15' but I hope it might help alittle

Tory
PV Fan
Expertise: Former Vaulter - Current Coach
Lifetime Best: 14'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Steve Hooker

Re: I need A TON of help

Unread postby Tory » Fri May 04, 2012 9:29 am

Bottom arm collapsed at takeoff, it never got extended. This will happen if you're slightly under and/or not very strong. Move your mark back 1 foot, run taller, get both hands extended at takeoff. There's a lot more you could work on, but ultimately you need to get on a sliding box and work on your run-up and plant.

You can do stand-still plants hundreds of times a day. Work on your plant. You can do it!

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”