Public Radio discussion about Allison

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Public Radio discussion about Allison

Unread postby master » Wed May 30, 2007 1:48 pm

Right now on Public Radio there is a discussion about the images that have been posted on various web sites (like PVP) of Allison. They are discussing how this is unwanted attention and there is a person saying this is just something that one exposes (no pun intended) themselves to when they appear in public and photos are taken. On the other side, there is the idea that she is being harassed.

Sounds like she has gotten a lot of attention and the question is whether she asked for it or not.

- master

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Wed May 30, 2007 3:31 pm

I don't think any high school girl on this site would ask to have her picture plastered all over the internet and have a bunch of losers post about all the lewd things they would do to them. I don't think the issue is having a flattering picture posted on the internet, but rather being bothered by all the idiots out there....
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Re: Public Radio discussion about Allison

Unread postby master » Wed May 30, 2007 3:43 pm

master wrote:Sounds like she has gotten a lot of attention and the question is whether she asked for it or not.

I think I need to clarify this sentence. I am not saying she asked for it. That is one of the questions that a person on the radio was asking. I think Allison's situation is a case that has, for some reason, grown to enormous proportions. I think it likely happens on a smaller scale more often and just dies rather quickly. Allison's situation just exploded and I don't think there is much that she or her parents can do about it.

We can do something. We can choose to sanction that sort of stuff being posted on the pages we participate in.

- master

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:37 pm

Nobody would ask for the kind of attention she has been getting.

Return to “General”