Art project

A forum to discuss pole vaulting related things of a historical nature.
birdi_gurlie
PV Pro

Art project

Unread postby birdi_gurlie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 pm

All right, all ya'll who know who I am know I have a knack for attempting to tie vault into the rest of my life. Anyway, for my art assignment, I have to make a lithograph about something historical in my college's county. Because I have coached athletes and we practiced over at the SC School for the Blind and Deaf, I've heard of a few of their vaulters and records and such. I think I am going to do a piece about their first vaulter in 1980 and hopefully tie in some of the new records. Does anyone have pictures of vault standards and equipment from the 70s and 80s? You know...I don't want to put a new set of standards in the photograph. Does anyone have photographs of a sky blue Catapole from back then? (I was told he'd used a sky blue Catapole and practiced at another school.) Any information anyone may be able to give me to help me out?
"That's how God's Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset" Psalm 19:6

altius
PV Rock Star

Re: Art project

Unread postby altius » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Hope some folk can step up and help with this fantastic project!!! :yes: :heart:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

birdi_gurlie
PV Pro

Re: Art project

Unread postby birdi_gurlie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 am

It's all right; I just took a vague photo of a pole online. I'll post photos soon, hopefully. I wasn't allowed to tie in the new records (as per professor's decision) but it still looks pretty awesome.
"That's how God's Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset" Psalm 19:6

Return to “Pole Vault - Historical”