Have you ever had a problem getting a good grip on your pole?
In 1954, Cal vaulter Larry Anderson was the 1954 NCAA pole vault champion at 14' 2". (14’4” PR).
He vaulted with a total of 5 fingers, three on one hand and two on the other. His missing fingers were lost in a chemistry explosion.
A forum to discuss pole vaulting related things of a historical nature.
First unread post • 2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- I'm in Charge
- Posts: 30435
- Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:59 pm
- Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
- Lifetime Best: 11'6"
- Gender: Female
- World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
- Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan
- Location: A Temperate Island
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests