Any lawyers in the house?

Discussion about ways to make the sport safer and discussion of past injuries so we can learn how to avoid them in the future.
miniwhinny
PV Fan

Re: Any lawyers in the house?

Unread postby miniwhinny » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Oh Tom,

I can hardly tell you how happy you have made me...well okay..I actually have tears welling up ! I remember you (didn't meet you) but Matthew said that you were a really helpful coach (in fact I e-mailed Summit on the Monday to mention how helpful you were to kids there without coaches)

We would LOVE to come to vault. Matt has his USATF membership. We just renewed it for the NW Youth Championships (got 1st place) and the JO's (2nd place)

I'm sending you an e-mail right now to find out more info and how to join your club.

I'm so thrilled that you found us.

Go PVP.com :D

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Whinny, this is great! You're getting everything your child needs to succeed in pole vaulting!

I watched his 13-6 vid, and he's very talented for a soph. He has a great future ahead of him! :yes:

Not that it matters to me, but I'm curious how far you live from Bend?

Even if you vault this summer with good coaching in Bend (sounds great!), I would still set up all the gym equipment in your back yard ... and I would still send him to a PV camp ... every summer ... and maybe even the PV Summit in Reno every winter! You're on a roll now! :)

Matt is lucky to have such an enthusiatic mom! :yes:

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

tsorenson
PV Pro
Expertise: masters vaulter, former college vaulter, volunteer HS/club coach, fan, parent

Unread postby tsorenson » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Another great example of how Becca's website is helping vaulters connect...thanks to her and to "Master" for turning me on to this post...
Vault on
TS

miniwhinny
PV Fan

Unread postby miniwhinny » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Oh KirkB,

I can't tell you how excited I am for Matthew now we're been discovered by Tom lol. He just loves to vault. We're very fortunate to have an awesome HS coach and I know he comes to a lot of post season events at his own cost to help but he also is the Head T&F coach and XC coach and teaches and...has a life of his own so there's only so much he can do (and he does it and more - thanks always Scott )!!!!

As for supporting Matthew - again thanks for the kind comment - he's such a cool kid and I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom. Not bragging for me but telling you about Matt - He's a grade above his age level (which puts him at a disadvantage as an athlete )...4.0 gpa, member of the National Honors Society, class rep on the student council, volunteers in his community - just one of those kids that the news doesn't tell you about. So I figure if the least I can do is help him achieve his dreams...I'll do it :D

We're in Redmond which is about 30 minutes drive from Summit HS in Bend. Gosh I was contemplating driving him 7 hours RT to PDX to vault there during the winters over a snow covered pass. So this is just incredible.

I'm still going to set up the jungle jim stuff so he can work out at home. When no one is looking I may work on my abs too *chuckle*.

As for camps we did Rick Baggets January clinic this year (and will be doing more with Rick) and we're already planning to go to Reno next January and will be looking for more.

Thank you all for sharing my happiness for Matt and for all of your help and advice...and of course THANK YOU to PVP

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:53 am

miniwhinny wrote: ... I'm still going to set up the jungle jim stuff so he can work out at home. When no one is looking I may work on my abs too *chuckle*.

Getting a little off topic, but if you want a role model for what the abs of a PV Mom should look like, look no further than Oregon's own Donna Schultz. :yes:

I couldn't find the pic of her clearing the bar for her W50-54 WR, but there was an action photo that was published a few months ago, her abs were incredible! She must have had a JUNGLE GYM in her back yard!

Whinny, I'm sure you're much younger than her tho, so you have a decade or two to catch up to her! :D

Kirk
Last edited by KirkB on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Unread postby master » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 am

tsorenson wrote:Another great example of how Becca's website is helping vaulters connect...thanks to her and to "Master" for turning me on to this post...
Vault on
TS

I'm really glad making this connection is turning out so well. :D :yes:

- master

Return to “Pole Vault Safety”