Hats off to Phil Ericsson

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

altius
PV Rock Star

Hats off to Phil Ericsson

Unread postby altius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:28 pm

I would just like to acknowledge the professionalism displayed by Phil Ericsson in making a study tour down under. At his own expense - he spent over a month in OZ working with and observing John Gormley in Adelaide, Mark Stewart in Melbourne and Alex Parnov in Perth. I believe that he is the first US coach to make a dedicated tour of this kind and I would like to commend his enthusiasm and commitment - which followed up his 1200 mile drive from Minnesota to Boone,NC last year to attend the Agapit/Altius coaches clinic - where he slept in a tent. He is a great guy and deserves every success in the future - unfortunately he may have to move from Minnesota to somewhere warmer to achieve it! :yes:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Re: Hats off to Phil Ericsson

Unread postby cdmilton » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:08 am

Nice! Phil is a great guy. I didn't know he was doing that. I look forward to hear about it.

We do produce some good vaulters up here in the cold and snowy state of Minnesota. There currently 2 Minnesota born women jumping 4.30+.
Chris Milton

Return to “Pole Vault - General”