PV Pet Peeves

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

vaulter0512
PV Nerd

Unread postby vaulter0512 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:12 pm

Yeah that's a bigga habit of mine!
Always Improve...Always Evolve...Never Give up...

Axe
PV Beginner

Unread postby Axe » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:18 pm

The metric system and trying to find out how high someone is jumping when they tell me in meters.
Go Big Or Go Home

APKpolevaulter
PV Nerd

Unread postby APKpolevaulter » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:47 pm

Axe wrote:The metric system and trying to find out how high someone is jumping when they tell me in meters.

haha. i hate metrics. well i dont. i just hate it because its different. why couldnt america have just been the same as the rest of the world.
<--Mike. 2004 Florida AAU State Champion

*FASTER~STRONGER~HIGHER*

HHSpolevaulter
PV Newbie

Unread postby HHSpolevaulter » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:00 pm

SlickVT wrote:Lefties. Lefties annoy me. Take that.

hey now! whats wrong with lefties! just because we hold the pole on a different side of you doesnt mean we arent pole vaulters. :eek:

Cross country/track runners laying on our mats before practice, when we're trying to get some pole runs/pop-ups in!!
"There are two types of canoers, those that have tipped. And those that are gonna"
-Mr. Green

CHC04Vault
PV Follower

Unread postby CHC04Vault » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:27 pm

nothing wrong with them, its just really hard to teach some1 to jump when ur a righty

Make that anybody thats not a vaulter, like football or lax players who sittin on the pads
"Good my jump, it will be done" Bubka

ILUVPOLEVAULT
PV Wannabe

omg

Unread postby ILUVPOLEVAULT » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:06 pm

yah i totally hate it when girls are like coming out with 13' poles, and then y kinda get nervous thinking that they have to at least jump 12', and then you get the guts up to ask them thier pr and its is like 10' or 10'6...you cant consider it vaulting when you are just holding the pole and lifting your feet...i mean come on....

Another pet peeve....
1) I really hate it when you ask ppl if they need help carrying the twenty poles that they have in their hand and they say no they have it, and then as they walk away the poles are all falling in different directions and they still think that they have it.

2) Omg it bugs me soooo much when ppl think that they are like seriously awesome and are gunna beat everyone and then you find out their pr is 8'6.

3) I hate it when you talk to ppl from other states and they tell you they are the state champ, and they say thier pr is 10'9 and ur thinking, damn...why couldnt i have just lived in their state
You have got to love sometimes, what there only is to hate

polevaulter245
PV Newbie

Unread postby polevaulter245 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:29 pm

1. people sitting on the matts when your vaulting
2. people who bend their pole before they vault
3. people that walk infront of you when your warming up and just stand there on the runway and dont care that your trying to warm up
4. coaches that stand on the runway
5. when the people that help move the standards move them up when you didnt ask them to and then they say that they thought it would help when all it did was mess up your vault and make it so you couldnt go to states
6. people use objects like dolls or kids toys as their step markers
7. people who have to check there step like 5 million times to get it right
8. when someone stands at the pit to catch your pole and just stand there and lets it hit the ground
9. when teamates decide to not practice and have wrestling matches on the matts when your trying to practice
10. when people do the clapping when you vault

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:36 pm

9. when teamates decide to not practice and have wrestling matches on the matts when your trying to practice

happens alot here :mad:
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:42 pm

lol...that bugs me when i'm trying to practice, but doing a pop up or two will usually get them off...
although, its really funny, last year, none of us were practicing, because we were waiting for our coach, and the guys choreographed like a 5 minute anime/matrix/kung fu fight scene and performed it for our coach when he showed up, lol
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

bvpv07
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:40 am

polevaulter245 wrote:6. people use objects like dolls or kids toys as their step markers

There was a girl last season who marked her steps with HUGE yellow rubber ducks. She had them at every meet and reasoned that she needed something really annoying to get her attention.

Peepers PV
PV Pro

Unread postby Peepers PV » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:08 am

bvpv07 wrote:
polevaulter245 wrote:6. people use objects like dolls or kids toys as their step markers

There was a girl last season who marked her steps with HUGE yellow rubber ducks. She had them at every meet and reasoned that she needed something really annoying to get her attention.

i don't know. i mean, yes, it's weird, but at a big meet with lots of vaulters i don't see anything wrong with having something other than some chalk, a flag, or the o so traditional tape- colored tape if you want to REALLY stand out :P. those options are fine, unless there are more than 6 vaulters competing. i don't know about huge rubber ducks, but anything that's small i think i could fly with.
"look, you either join the team and go to practice or do drugs- that's just how it is! it's track or crack!" - mikey

polevaulter245
PV Newbie

Unread postby polevaulter245 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:38 pm

ya small things are ok but someone in my district uses a barbie doll and named it pole vault barbie and i dont know it just bugs me

Return to “Pole Vault - General”