Achtung, Stabohochsprung!

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

vaultguru6
PV Pro

Achtung, Stabohochsprung!

Unread postby vaultguru6 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:35 pm

Anyone know what happened to that site Achtung Stabhochsprung!? It was a great site with awesome photos on tons of world class guys and girls. I don't know if the site just went down or the domain name changed. I'm pretty sure it used to be www.achtungbaby.com. If its still around and anyone knows about it let me know. Thanks.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:18 pm

there is a site www.stabhochsprung.com that has lots of excellent vault videos if thats what you mean. Even if not, it's a great site so check it out
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

lonestar
PV Lover

Re: Achtung, Stabohochsprung!

Unread postby lonestar » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:29 pm

vaultguru6 wrote:Anyone know what happened to that site Achtung Stabhochsprung!? It was a great site with awesome photos on tons of world class guys and girls. I don't know if the site just went down or the domain name changed. I'm pretty sure it used to be www.achtungbaby.com. If its still around and anyone knows about it let me know. Thanks.

That, my friend, is a sad sad story of a man so hopelessly domesticated that there is no chance of return. Ironically, the former webmaster of Achtung Stabhochsprung is a member of this website and remains an avid spectator and analyst of the sport. At least we still have the memories of what was once the greatest pole vault site on the net... sigh...
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:54 pm

Devereaux, please bring back achtungbaby. I find myself still cliking that address to see if your missus has let you play again. You are depriving the vault community of your warped sense of humor, how selfish.
compete and jump safe, have fun

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

well what happened was...

Unread postby achtungpv » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:39 pm

I got lazy. The webpage grew to over 900 pages of HTML. It just became too much of a bear to maintain...

If I ever get around to revamping the page into a database driven version, it will return. I may work on that this summer.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Say What?

Unread postby vaultmd » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:28 pm

What's this? Even Devereaux got a date?

What am I doing wrong?! :confused:

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Re: Say What?

Unread postby achtungpv » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:50 pm

vaultmd wrote:What's this? Even Devereaux got a date?

and contrary to popular belief, I didn't black out in Vegas and wake up married...heck, she wasn't even pregnant either! :dazed:
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

lonestar
PV Lover

Re: Say What?

Unread postby lonestar » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:29 pm

vaultmd wrote:What's this? Even Devereaux got a date?

It's your charming personality Wilson ;) You need to act more like Devereaux and act like you don't give a damn and chicks will flock to you :yes:
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Return to “Pole Vault - General”