New Nike Spikes (now available)

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

CavVaulter99
PV Beginner

sizes

Unread postby CavVaulter99 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:28 am

ive notice that every time i order a nike shoe it seems to run small. my first pair of spikes i orderd from them i orderd a half size up and they were still quite snugg, then i orderd another pair that were 1 size up from normal and they were a little big.

Does anyone know how the nike PV spikes differ from regular shoes?
Who ever said height matterd in Pole Vault?

PR 13'

VaultHouse.com

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:46 pm

well... generally i think the PVlites are supposed to be made like the shoes you were normally. If you experienced your old PVLites as a little snug, definitely order a 1/2 size up because they feel the same as my old ones.
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

colby41
PV Fan

Unread postby colby41 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:17 pm

anyone compare the new triple jump spikes with the new pv lites? I got the pv's but been having shin splint problems and wondering if the new triple jump ones might be better (since I had the orange shoes and loved them.)
"Live Fierce, Live Free"

kev44000
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Jack Whitt & Mark Hollis

pv 2

Unread postby kev44000 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:55 pm

i have used the new pv 2 at three meets where the velcro is sewn on the shoe it has ripped away from the shoe anyone else have any problems with them

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm

colby41 wrote:anyone compare the new triple jump spikes with the new pv lites? I got the pv's but been having shin splint problems and wondering if the new triple jump ones might be better (since I had the orange shoes and loved them.)

I have both. The triple jump shoes are definitely more supportive, but there are so many causes of shin splints, you should really investigate what is going on. You may be helped by putting orthotics in your PV spikes.

colby41
PV Fan

Unread postby colby41 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:35 pm

yea, my legs are pretty messed up so I wouldnt be surprised if its NOT the shoes. I actually put in those orthotic insoles that someone in the other thread recommended and they seem to be really supportive. Maybe I just need to break them in a bit more since ive only been wearing them for a couple of weeks.
"Live Fierce, Live Free"

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”