buttplug

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

is dragging the pole an effective way to vault?

YES! drag it if you need to!
61%
NO! dragging it will get you nowhere!
39%

Total votes: 23

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:26 pm

thanks! : ) i think that i will try and at least show my coach that it's not a bad thing. whatever floats your boat right? it's always good to keep an open mind about things and this isn't something that i just came up with out of the blue here. i mean, it's an actual meathod that some people use and it works fine. i am however going to try and carry the pole. i'm worried about that meet because after that meet is states and i'm not gonna be able to practice. if i get there and it's just not working for me, i can always go back to doing it the way i want to. what can my coach say? well, i know that if i push the pole he might not be happy (ok he won't be happy) but wich is worse: getting height and doing well by pushing the pole, or carrying the pole, getting scared, possibly and no heighting. the way i see this, until i have a safe place to practice (or re learning) how to carry the pole right, i should just stick to what works for me, but i will try it the right way first just to see what happens.
POLE VAULTING....Fear is NOT and option!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:33 pm

swtvault wrote:I can vault well left-handed though!

I can vault 7'6" left handed :P

Pvaultingirl if you email me your address I can send you a CD of last year's Reno competition where Tye jumps pretty high pushing the pole that way and you could show that to your coach. Plus it is a cool CD :D

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:26 pm

really? that would be awsome! :yes:

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:22 pm

haha! your vaulting 7'6 left handed just reminded me of something that i did a while ago...i vaulted off of the wrong foot and still got 8' feet on my first attempt. lol. i felt so retarded after that and my teamate was laughing at me :P

swtvault
PV Pro
Expertise: Part time semi elite vaulter--5.35 season best in 2009
Lifetime Best: 5.52

Unread postby swtvault » Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:15 am

7'6 is all? I bet you could go alot higher. Keep pluggin away. I want 15 lefty before its all said and done. Last time I did it I damn near killed myself, so It might be awhile before Ge-off tries the whole lefty bit again

GF
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties.

Stockdale Paradox

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:34 am

swtvault wrote:7'6 is all? I bet you could go alot higher. Keep pluggin away. I want 15 lefty before its all said and done. Last time I did it I damn near killed myself, so It might be awhile before Ge-off tries the whole lefty bit again

GF

Awww well I only jumped lefty for a month cuz of an injury. Maybe I will do more this summer :yes:

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:41 pm

that's not something i normally do now. lol

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:03 pm

I just found a pic of tye harvey consulting earl bell about this meathod (hmm...well, that's what the caption said at least). here's a link : http://www.polevaultpit.com/modules.php ... _photo.php

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:11 pm

is there some way that you could just send the clip of him vaulting instead of a whole cd by e mail or something? (it might be easier that way). it's not that i don't want the cd (i love to watch pv!) it's just that my mom will be wondering who sent it to me (and she isn't too fond of me giving out my adress all over :dazed: ) thanks

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:19 pm

PvaultinGirl wrote:is there some way that you could just send the clip of him vaulting instead of a whole cd by e mail or something? (it might be easier that way). it's not that i don't want the cd (i love to watch pv!) it's just that my mom will be wondering who sent it to me (and she isn't too fond of me giving out my adress all over :dazed: ) thanks

Hmm I don't have any of that stuff with me now, but when I get back to GA I will see if I can get it up on the website for everyone's entertainment.

1kickinchicken
PV Newbie

Unread postby 1kickinchicken » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:29 pm

i have seen many pole vaulters use this technuiqe effectivlely. i think that whatever works for you, is what you should use :yes:

xtremevaulter

Unread postby xtremevaulter » Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:24 pm

zack wrote:I don't know I've never actually tried it from farther then about 37 feet. Anyways are we in the same conference?

Yeah i go to Western Oregon University. If i remember right you guys are in the GNAC conference as are we.

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”